UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976126  
Subject: It is a bad video... Date: 10/2/2012 11:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
but it is an old one that has surfaced before. (Fox cannot call itself 'Fair and Balanced' if they re-release this at this time. But that is neither here nor there as everyone already knows who they support quite blatantly.)
If the GOP feel that blowing the dust off of old footage that has been seen before is going to give them an edge, I guess they will go for it. However, I do not think I have heard Romney's camp make anything of this video.

I still think this video plays into the Dems playbook: don't focus on the economy, government deficits, debts, job data etc. Regardless how the stock market is doing, the average person isn't doing so well. Let's focus on stuff that is old and is being rehashed.

I really think this is more 'off-topic' stuff that will not make much difference, if any, in the end. However, no outrage by the Dems at this video is allowed as they were allowed to make the most of the much more recent '47%' speech. All is fair in love and war and politics. : )

Icemann
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820368 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 12:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

I still think this video plays into the Dems playbook: don't focus on the economy, government deficits, debts, job data etc.

(CNN) --
Mitt Romney's struggling presidential campaign is trying to change the subject this week with stark warnings of chaos in the Middle East. It's trying to scare voters into thinking that his tough talk will somehow make the situation better.
CNN Tue October 2, 2012

And Romney's the key to the "Dem Playbook. He can not keep on task: The Economy.

Romney lost this election, like he always does.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820373 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 1:59 AM
Recommendations: 2
but it is an old one that has surfaced before. (Fox cannot call itself 'Fair and Balanced' if they re-release this at this time. But that is neither here nor there as everyone already knows who they support quite blatantly.)

-------------------

Yes, it is a bad video, bad for the prez. It may be an old Video but one that had barely seen the light of day.
It's going to make the rounds this election cycle.

Snip
"Obama gave the speech in the middle of a hotly-contested presidential primary season, but his remarks escaped scrutiny. Reporters in the room seem to have missed or ignored his most controversial statements. The liberal blogger Andrew Sullivan linked to what he described as a “transcript” of the speech, which turned out not to be a transcript at all, but instead the prepared remarks provided by the campaign. In fact, Obama, who was not using a teleprompter, deviated from his script repeatedly and at length, ad libbing lines that he does not appear to have used before any other audience during his presidential run. A local newspaper posted a series of video clips of the speech, but left out key portions. No complete video of the Hampton speech was widely released.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/02/obama-speech-jeremiah-wrig......

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820377 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 6:10 AM
Recommendations: 3
It's only five years old. It portrays Obama in a bad light. We've seen the Romney video, where he mentions the 47% and how he feels those that depend on government won;t vote for him. Ads and statements followed that Romney doesn't care about half the country.

In the Obama video, he looks and sounds like a black power preacher, advocating and targeting minorities instead of those racist whities. It's an angry and racist speech, one where Obama uses a voice to sound more like a black preacher. It's divisive, bigoted, and shows just what a large percentage of Americans he doesn't support.

In so many ways, it makes Obama look divisive and angry. Hardly a uniter, it makes Romney's 47% comment look pretty tame by comparison.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820380 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 6:26 AM
It shows what a chameleon he really is, exposes the lie he told that he had cut off relations with the Reverend Wright, playing his constituents for fools and talking down to them, when it suits him, taking every opportunity to play the race card and gives fodder for those he has called "extreme".

In other words, it exposes him as the phoney he really is. You know, like what you accuse Romney of?

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820398 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 7:55 AM
"It's only five years old. It portrays Obama in a bad light."

"Only" 5 years? It predates his Presidency.

"We've seen the Romney video, where he mentions the 47% and how he feels those that depend on government won;t vote for him. "

The one that's what 8 MONTHS old?

False equivalency.

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820399 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 7:56 AM
"exposes the lie he told that he had cut off relations with the Reverend Wright"

Link?

Ken

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820404 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 8:19 AM
Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) announces his candidacy for the Presidency of the United States of America at 11:13 A.M. on February 10, 2007..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm8ZOH9lmjs&feature=rela...

The video, was shot in June of 2007 at Hampton University

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/02/obama-speech-jeremiah-wrig...

Jodi Kantor of The NY Times opines as to why Obama supposedly cut off relations with Wright on March 6, 2007
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/us/politics/06obama.html?_...

Any further questions?

Not that the proof means a hill of beans to you.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820415 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 8:37 AM
From your NY Times link:

“Senator Obama is proud of his pastor and his church, but because of the type of attention it was receiving on blogs and conservative talk shows, he decided to avoid having statements and beliefs being used out of context and forcing the entire church to defend itself,” Mr. Burton said."

How is that "the lie he told that he had cut off relations with the Reverend Wright"?

The "lie" is in your own mind. There was no "lie" exposes by those links.

Ken

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820418 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 8:44 AM
How is that "the lie he told that he had cut off relations with the Reverend Wright"?

The "lie" is in your own mind. There was no "lie" exposes by those links.

Al Sharpton didn't seem to think so, nor did Reverend Wright

Asked if he had spoken to the President, Wright said: “Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office…
Wright also said Obama should have sent a U.S. delegation to the World Conference on Racism held recently in Geneva, Switzerland, but that the president did not do so for fear of offending Jews and Israel.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-5079069-503544.html

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820421 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 8:48 AM
"Al Sharpton didn't seem to think so, nor did Reverend Wright"

I haven't cared what Sharpton has had to say since Tawana Brawley and his failure to own up to his role in that fiasco.

Wright's self-serving comments do not turn Obama's statements into a "lie."

Ken

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820425 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 9:00 AM
I haven't cared what Sharpton has had to say since Tawana Brawley and his failure to own up to his role in that fiasco.

Wright's self-serving comments do not turn Obama's statements into a "lie."

Ken

Why don't you go back and cruise the claims you all were making about Obama and Wright back when all this stuff first hit the fan. "Oh, they had associated with each other for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars."

Wright is self serving then and now, and Obama wasn't then and now, is what you claim now?

Yet he not only groveled back to Wright after he supposedly was done with him, he took on the persona of Uncle Rev.

Give me a break.

He's a two bit, back stabbing, self-serving politician, and a confused one at that.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820428 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 9:01 AM
oops

Oh, they had NOT associated

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820444 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 9:36 AM
"Why don't you go back and cruise the claims you all were making about Obama and Wright back when all this stuff first hit the fan. ..."

Since as far as I know I made no such comments, why don't you link me to the specific post(s) you take issue with.

Ken

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820457 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM
False equivalency.

Ken

Your phrase for an escape hatch.

It clearly deomonstrates leveraging race/victims into a voting stock.

Pandering at its very worst. Something one should be ashamed of, yet there it it, all over again.

When will they ever learn?

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820464 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:06 AM
Since as far as I know I made no such comments, why don't you link me to the specific post(s) you take issue with.

Ken

Quite simply,
(1)the search engine on here sucks
(2)even if I spent the time doing it, it wouldn't make one bit of difference to you
(3)I don't know if you were one that made them or not, but you certainly participated with rah rahs

Here is a snip by the dude in this thread which you were very much a part back in 2010

Yes. It's far worse because as soon as the sermons in question were brought to his attention, Obama repudiated the comments and eventually abandoned them. And unlike right-wing crazies, his politics don't demand he discriminate against people because of these "religious" leaders. In fact there is no indication that he agrees with Wright at all.

http://boards.fool.com/rev-wright-obama-threw-me-under-the-b...

(except Obama did, as the video shows)

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820466 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:11 AM
"(3)I don't know if you were one that made them or not, but you certainly participated with rah rahs"

Pretty much sums up your willingness to make unsupportable attacks.

I'm done bothering with your nonsense.

Ken

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820468 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:14 AM
Quite simply,
(1)the search engine on here sucks

================================================

I put kenm47 and wright in the search.

http://boards.fool.com/search/solr.aspx?q=wright+kenm47&...

Does that help?

Jean

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820470 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:16 AM

Ken

You're done, cuz you're claims that Obama and his pundits claims he had nothing to do with Wright, after he supposedly disenfranchised him are unsupportable.

Not that any of this means anything to those who have lied and lied and lied and lied, if not to themselves, their constituents.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820474 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:28 AM
I put kenm47 and wright in the search.

http://boards.fool.com/search/solr.aspx?q=wright+kenm47&......

Does that help?

Jean

Yeh, it does for anyone who wants to take the time to see pages and pages and pages of double speak, thanks.

This one is cool. Doesn't sound like Ken thinks Wright is a jerk here.

http://boards.fool.com/quotwe-must-take-into-account-reveren...

But other ones show quite the opposite.

Like I said, none of this means diddly to the committed.

Just a thought on my part, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone within the DNC themselves provided this lost video. Obama has made a lot of enemies.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820475 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:33 AM
http://boards.fool.com/quotwe-must-take-into-account-reveren......

A dandy of a job in dancing around racism and pandering. Uniter...DENIED!

LMAO, what a hypocrite.

Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820477 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:38 AM
In other words, it exposes him as the phoney he really is. You know, like what you accuse Romney of?

I'm pretty sure I have never accused Mr. Romney of being a phoney or even implied it. If there is a post in which I did, I admit I am wrong now...just in case. ; ) I have said he has flipped-flopped but that is about it.

Icemann

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820478 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:38 AM

LMAO, what a hypocrite.

link went dead

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820479 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:39 AM

LMAO, what a hypocrite.

link went dead

No, it didn't. Just in your copy and paste of my link.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820481 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 10:43 AM
I'm pretty sure I have never accused Mr. Romney of being a phoney or even implied it. If there is a post in which I did, I admit I am wrong now...just in case. ; ) I have said he has flipped-flopped but that is about it.

Icemann

Oh, I just was speaking in general to those who think the video shows nothing about Obama's pandering, and that his pandering is more believeable than Romney's.

Bizarro.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820491 of 1976126
Subject: Re: It is a bad video... Date: 10/3/2012 11:15 AM
Recommendations: 3
"(3)I don't know if you were one that made them or not, but you certainly participated with rah rahs"

Ken
----------------

Try this nonsense....

"Obama strongly denounces former pastor"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24371827/ns/politics-decision_08...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement