Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: XMFBreakerTinker Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 659  
Subject: Re: exel offering Date: 8/8/2012 11:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
It is a go with the FDA. The full data set is still being produced and is not known such as overall survival. But progression free survival, if memory serves (and mine is pretty good) was 27 or 28% for CABO and 0% for placebo.

That is not a fluke. That is efficacy. If that is not efficacy, then we better redefine the term.

MTC is a small market though, and the marketing costs for it will be small. All practitioners for MTC cases will know of it in the U.S. and it will largely be production and distribution issues. Some marketing vs. one competitor that has little to offer efficacy wise. Perhaps it won't match up well in the end, perhap sit will be clearly superior not known. But it does work. And seems to work better than anything else in the indication.

But no, the money will be used for clinical trials for CABO in larger indications. True, there are issues of, will it produce overall survival in these indications, and if so, will there still be room for it as a market leader. The former I believe yes, the latter is what the uncertainty mostly surrounds I think. Time to market. The drug is clearly differentiated, but the uncertainty is, are the bone scans clinically meaningful. Who knows, but it seems quite likely that it is.

The $225 million convertible hits in 2019. That convertible would presently, as of close today, be nearly a 1/3 dilution of the shares. Where as the secondary itself is about 12-13% or thereabouts. By 2019, if Cabo is not on the market for prostate and then another major indication, the drug will have been a total flop anyways. If it is on the market for prostate (even iwthout another major indication) it will have a multi-billion dollar market cap and the 225 million convertible secondary will be small time dilution at that point in time.

Is there something in the contractual terms of the convertible that make its dilutive effect in 2019 much greater than just the $225 million? I have not looked at that detail. Assuming it is just $225 million, it won't be a problem by 2019. And if it is, most of us won't care anyways as Cabo will have been a failure.

Long and short, this sell off does not fully make sense, absence a technical sell off allowing short to get away with it, just as the share price increased as well into it, and outside a 6 month purview is ridiculous.

More so when one figures, as you do, that yes, this is likely the last fund raising event for the company, at least until the share price is much higher on either anticipated or actual drug approval, or bust. One or the other.

Temporarally displaced from the answer.

Just as we are temporally displaced from the election. I won't be here if Obama wins, but just in case Romney does, I'll keep this one bookmarked and see how it turns out on this board.

Tinker
If Obama wins, I am just cashing out, paying off the house, all the debt, and basically saying screw it. Why even try anymore. Which is what is going to happen in France when they put in the 75% tax rate. If everything is available for free, and if your hardwork is literally stolen like that, then why not just grab a beer, say let the other guy work, and watch the whole system crash around you. Maybe go into politics, as in Obama's America, only politicians are noble, not business people, entrepreneurs, and those that actually produce. They are the oppressors. Sad to say this about any American president, and I never thought we would see the day.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement