Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: csp Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35938  
Subject: Re: ME3 - No spoilers Date: 4/24/2012 1:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It kind of started out like Star Trek and it has ended like Baywatch. I don't watch TV anymore so I don't have any idea what the latest shows are. ;-)

I have to say that one of the best parts of ME2 for me was Miranda and her gluteal movements. :) I've always enjoyed Liara - not necessarily on a looks basis, but the character's personality was written in such a manner that it made romance seem more "right" than the others. I've always though Ashley was fairly poor in terms of depth and was particularly bad in ME3 where she had almost zero dialog on the ship. It's hard to take someone seriously as a romance interest when they just hang out in a room and will barely speak to you.

I liked Jack quite a bit just in terms of attitude (definitely not in terms of looks - too much body art. Yuk.) I just wished they would have had would have given her as a squad member option. Ditto for Wrex and Mordin.

I never really thought about any of the male characters in terms of looks (yes I'm that straight :)), more in terms of personality and how good their dialog was. Kaiden didn't last long in any of my play throughs because he annoyed me. Garrus was on par with Liara in terms of character depth IMO and was always one of my favorite squad members. The scene where you "hang out" at the Citadel was really good in my Paragon play through.

Minor Spoilers:

On a similar note, the whole Joker and EDI thing just didn’t seem all that interesting other than me wondering if those were her servo motors or her memory banks.

I didn't think the EDI / Joker romance was all that interesting, but I thought the EDI story itself was outstanding. It was a microcosm of the entire theme of the series - i.e. organics vs. synthetics and her journey to thinking / behaving / looking more and more like a human really dove-tailed in well with the larger story they were telling. BTW this was one character & area of the story where it was tough for me to make Renegade choices (and I didn't in many cases). All in all I'd have to say she was one of my favorite characters of the entire series.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TV Gaming Help?
Try the Help With This Home Theater board, and problem solved.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement