Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It seems like your stuck between a rock and a hard place Howard. If you encourage him that he will do ok and make his money back soon, you might be lending him money pretty soon. On the other hand, if you try to bring it to his attention that his portfolio is overvalued and speculative, i doubt he would graciously thank you:) Lets admit it, your "superiors"(who seldomly turn out to be actually "superior") generally dont like being corrected or instructed by their "inferiors"
I would think you should just stay away from the subject of investing with him. If theres one thing that your sergant will like less then being wrong is being PROVEN wrong. I think that some people are too hard headed to be told therye wrong no matter what the case is. I know many people like that. Meanwhile I would just let your record speak for itself, it will over time. And by the way, damn good return for last year. Beating the S&P would make even Buffett a happy man. Keep it up, and good luck!!!
eric
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement