UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: trader2012 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35367  
Subject: Re: Howard: Your Maturities? Date: 10/2/2012 11:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It seems to me that most investments are benefiting from current low rates. Financial asset prices are being bid up and well-capitalized corporations are able to refinance debt at much lower costs. Interest expense saving fall straight to the bottom line. Lower rates also help bond defaults rates stay under control. This is helping fuel the stock and bond market rallies.

Howard,

I agree. Anything already owned is paying off hugely. My one-day change of value from Friday's close to Monday's close was a whopping 78 basis points. Most of that was coupons being posted to my accounts. But that kind of change of value is huge for a bond account. Since Bernanke announced QE Infinity, I've been averaging gains of 11 bps/day, which is also huge. That man is making me rich.

But, also, he is making me worried. None of this can end well. I'd much rather that this country have done what it should have done in 2008, namely, let the banks fail. We'd be well on the road to recovery by now instead of having to deal with the bigger mess that's coming for having delayed dealing with it. Stockman, Mauldin, Schiff, and Celente don't have it all wrong. This country is bankrupt, and the current, debt-fueled prosperity is foolishness that will beggar us all.

Charlie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement