No. of Recommendations: 2
It seems to me that the fact that the Fed is willing to talk about ending quantitative easing is a very positive sign. The US economy continues to grow slowly--even though sequestration is kicking in, austerity in Europe is in process, and withholding was increased in January.

I think that is impressive.

I continue to believe the US economy will recover when individuals recover the savings they lost during the housing crash. Those that are working are saving. Demand for houses has to be growing as many could not get a mortgage, could not sell their homes due to underwater mortgage, had lost their equity and their savings, and could no longer borrow against home equity.

US auto production is estimated at 15MM this year vs 9MM in the worst year of the recession and 18MM, best year ever. The consumer still has wants and will buy when the right deal comes along.

Housing appears mixed. The need is there. The industry is taking a while to get tooled up. We hear of low inventory. The threat of rising interest rates should motivate those waiting to make a decision.

Housing starts and new car sales are major drivers of the economy. They seem to be taking their time, but coming back.

Now if only we can avoid screwing it up.

We still have the problem that rising costs of health care and retirement are eating into dollars govt should be spending to improve infrastructure and education. But those issues seem not to get much attention.

Lets hope the right people get the message soon.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement