UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (50) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: AcmeFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75384  
Subject: Re: They Got It Wrong Date: 6/20/2008 6:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
It should be. Logically.

No, there is absolutely no reason why it would be best in all time periods. Logic says otherwise. Just as different groups of stocks (large cap, small cap, international, etc.) do better in different time periods, dividends do better or worse at different times.

The fact that you say logically dividend strategies should always be better than other strategies makes our point better than we ever could. You are so blinded by your desire to do something new that you ignore the errors; you brush off the critics as ignorant or jealous; you do the very thing you are criticizing others of doing and freeze your work at a woefully incomplete level.

The key is that the mathematics changes when you make withdrawals.

It also changes when you correctly account for inflation. And it changes when you account for the times when companies reduce their dividends. Oh, and it changes when you have to reduce your lifestyle by 20-40% because your so-called "safe-withdrawal rate" was not sustainable. (Never mind that this clearly means your safe-withdrawal rate really was not...)

None of these problems are ignored or brushed under the rug in other people's studies. Somehow you consider your research adequate while ignoring these issues.

I have a whole web site in which I establish every detail. It has over 600 pages of research over the past six years. I am not hand waving. I have done the equivalent of the Trinity Study dozens of times. I have documented my findings. I have made them available for scrutiny.

It is insulting to people genuinely interested in advancing this work that you claim to have made your work available for scrutiny. You have ignored every criticism made of your work; you attack anyone that points out problems; you refuse to address even the simplest of issues. And you claim OTHERS have frozen THEIR work? Laughable.

As I said before, anyone that accepts your work is a sucker. Luckily for you, there are a lot of them out there. Unfortunately for you, there are plenty of intelligent people that see through the veil and can point out the massive flaws in what you have done.

Your arrogance is a sad thing. With some honest effort and acceptance that your work is not yet adequate, you could create a genuine product. But because you cannot accept criticism, you ignore everyone that does not blindly accept your work. Because you have the misguided belief that you are smarter than everyone else, you ignore everything we/they say.

It's unfortunate, but I am confident in saying that your work will never reach a meaningful / productive / beneficial level.

Acme
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (50) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement