UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Itzybitzy One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: It's a joke .. or is it?????? Date: 5/16/2002 10:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I apologize for this but this thought has been nagging me constantly since spring arrived.

If someone invented a remote device that could disrupt or shut off loud sound systems in cars, I'd be willing to pay a good chunk of change for one.

I suppose the next smartest step would be to invest heavily in companies that produce hearing aid devices. These kids are all going to be hearing impaired or deaf before I retire and that isn't all that far away.

Itzybitzy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mark0Young Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34550 of 76418
Subject: Re: It's a joke .. or is it?????? Date: 5/17/2002 1:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
It's not just kids, and not just car stereos. At work I occasionally have to ask people on the opposite side of the wing of the building I am in to turn down their music because when they get it loud enough to hear it, it is disrupting what I am listening to through my headphones, sitting next to my noisy air filter. Last Tuesday when I asked them to turn it down, they said that I must have sensitive ears. No, but I have been careful with my hearing.

Author: mikeg1382 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34559 of 76418
Subject: Re: It's a joke .. or is it?????? Date: 5/18/2002 10:32 AM
<<<If someone invented a remote device that could disrupt or shut off loud sound systems in cars, I'd be willing to pay a good chunk of change for one.>>>

We are on the same page, Itzy! I was just thinking yesterday that it would be great if there was some kind of technology that could cut off a car's stereo system when it got too loud. Either that, or come up with legislation that limits how high the manufacturer can set the volume on standard stereos!!

Mike in NJ

Author: Itzybitzy One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34564 of 76418
Subject: Re: It's a joke .. or is it?????? Date: 5/18/2002 5:27 PM
Recommendations: 0
Some towns actually have laws that prohibit loud car stereos after 9:00PM but (once again), it's a JOKE. There is little or no way law enforcement can catch them unless the vehicle is stationary or they catch them in the act themselves. And I'd be willing to bet when they do come accross it, they don't act. They've got bigger problems to deal with.

The companies that produce these deafening systems won't stop because they make money (hand over fist) on these health hazards selling them to kids who have attention deficit disorders and I don't mean that in terms of thinking disorders.

Itzy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement