Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

It's a tough choice. If you anticipate that you will have large gains,its better to keep the stocks with bigger growth potential in the Roth account so that you avoid tax on the gain, leaving the more conservative stocks in the taxable account. On the other hand, if you want to be able to use losses to offset gains, you would keep the high flyers in the taxable account on the theory that losses are more likely on the high flyers. A little of both may be a sensible solution.

Hope this helps.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.