Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MsVeeDub Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7630  
Subject: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 2:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The "g-spot" is not a myth.

Do you all know about this?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dianagrammer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4453 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 3:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!

================

Well ... its juices have been discussed in detail over on the "for the guys" board, so it MUST be true. :-)

Diane
- spotty on her g-spot spotting

Author: BigKahoona Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4454 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 3:01 PM

Have you tried Didi Seven?

BK

Author: LittleCodeKitten Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4455 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 3:04 PM
Recommendations: 5

Well, that answers the "Where's VeeDub been?" question.

LCK

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4456 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 3:31 PM

Yes. Though some of us find out later rather than sooner.

But far far better later than never!

s

Author: MsVeeDub Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4457 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 3:40 PM
Recommendations: 3
Yes. Though some of us find out later rather than sooner. But far far better later than never!

My whole world has changed. Thank you, evolution.

Author: twitchycat Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4458 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 4:41 PM
Recommendations: 2

Yes. (or should that be yes ... YES ...YES)

-D

Author: MissAnthrope Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4459 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 8:37 PM

Yuh huh.

Author: MissAnthrope Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4460 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 8:46 PM
Recommendations: 5
My whole world has changed. Thank you, evolution.

AND, it's not just for fun anymore:

"Is the G spot just for pleasure or does it have adaptive significance? An extensive series of studies in laboratory rats demonstrated that vaginal mechanical stimulation produced a strong pain blocking effect, stronger than 10 mg of morphine per kg of body weight. However, the most convincing evidence that vaginocervical stimulation blocks pain requires a verbal confirmation from women.

Consequently, we performed a series of studies in women, measuring pain thresholds during vaginal self-stimulation.

Pain thresholds were determined by applying a gradually increasing force to teach finger of one hand using a Ugo Basile Analgesia Meter. The subject places one finger on the 1 mm diameter point of the analgesia meter and a controlled, steadily increasing force is applied ranging from 0 grams to a maximum of 1 kg. The subject reports by saying "now," when the finger pain is first perceived (defined as "pain detection threshold") and by saying "stop," when finger pain becomes too uncomfortable to continue (defined as "pain tolerance threshold"). The pressure device is lifted from the finger when the subject says stop. Tactile thresholds are determined by applying a graded series of nylon monofilaments of varied stiffness (von Frey fibers) to the dorsal surface of the hand.

We found that the elevation in pain detection threshold increased by a mean of 47% when pressure was self-applied to the anterior vaginal wall (the Grafenberg spot). When stimulation was applied in a pleasurable manner, the pain threshold was greater (by 84%) than that in the resting control condition. The PD threshold increased by a mean of 107% when the women reported orgasm.

There were no increases in tactile (or touch) thresholds. This demonstrates that the effect was analgesic not an anesthetic effect and not a distracting effect. This analgesic effect was produced by pressure and by pleasurable self-stimulation applied to the anterior vaginal wall (G spot). (this was published in the Journal Pain., 1985, by Whipple and Komisaruk)

Pleasurable self-stimulation, but not pressure applied to other genital regions also produced an analgesic effect. (Published in Journal of Sex Research., 1988, Whipple and Komisaruk) It was then demonstrated that an analgesic effect also occurs naturally during labor.

We believe that childbirth would be more painful without this natural pain blocking effect, which is activated when the pelvic and hypogastric nerves are stimulated as the cervix dilates and from pressure in the vagina produced by the emerging fetus. (Published in International Journal of Nursing. Studies, 1990, Whipple et al)"

http://www.hisandherhealth.com/articles/Beyond_the_G_spot_Where_do_we_go_from_here.shtml

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4461 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 10:40 PM
This analgesic effect was produced by pressure and by pleasurable self-stimulation applied to the anterior vaginal wall (G spot). (this was published in the Journal Pain., 1985, by Whipple and Komisaruk)

Interestingly, she found later on that eating a capsaicin-rich diet (capsaicin is what puts the hot in hot peppers) completely abolishes any analgesic effect. Not the capacity for vaginal pleasure, just any associated decrease in pain. (In the 1989 Physiology & Behavior.)

About their conclusion in that 1990 article on analgesia during labor -- ...this natural pain blocking effect...is activated when the pelvic and hypogastric nerves are stimulated as the cervix dilates and from pressure in the vagina produced by the emerging fetus -- that "pressure in the vagina" sure as hell isn't G-spot joy!!

sheila

Author: MissAnthrope Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4462 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 10:54 PM
Interestingly, she found later on that eating a capsaicin-rich diet (capsaicin is what puts the hot in hot peppers) completely abolishes any analgesic effect.

I remember hearing about the studies of women who ate diets high in capsaicin experiencing more pain in labor and my heart fell. You'd think that anyone who could handle that much capsaicin would have a higher pain threshold. Crap!

Ooh! I wonder: if someone who was given analgesic ate a sithload of spicy food, would the pain return? Does it "abolish any analgesic effect" in all cases or just a grapefruit squeezing through a pencil-sized hole?

Hm...

Author: MissAnthrope Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4463 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 10:59 PM
Ohh! 2:

"Capsaicin is being used in an analgesic agent in the treatment of painful disorders, causing long-term loss of responsiveness because it kills off the nociceptor, or it destroys the peripheral terminals."

"Topical application of capsaicin relieves pain and itching by acting on sensory nerves. Capsaicin temporarily depletes “substance P”, a chemical in nerves that transmits pain sensations. Without substance P, pain signals can no longer be sent. . . . With the aid of a healthcare professional, capsaicin administered via the nose may also be a potentially useful therapy for cluster headaches."

This one's pretty cool:
http://www.nature.com/nsu/001026/001026-11.html

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4464 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 11:12 PM
You'd think that anyone who could handle that much capsaicin would have a higher pain threshold.

The whole issue with capsaicin gets more complex when you look at topical use--because then it's an analgesic! It acts by atrophying (temporarily) certain pain nerve endings, C-fiber nerve endings that secrete something called "substance P." The nerve endings atrophy, no more substance P, and no more pain. It's in some topical arthritis creams, for example. And that's why people who eat a lot of hot foods need 5-alarm chili before they'll call it spicy. But once you stop using it topically, those nerve endings are restored, and so are the sensations.

The system of C-fibers--very thin fibers that lack the covering on most of our nerves--is extremely fascinating. They respond to emotional and tactile stimuli, and have psychological as well as sensory impact. Some of the scientists who study it feel it embodies the link between mind and body.
But that's another story.

sheila

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4465 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/5/2002 11:26 PM
Capsaicin temporarily depletes ?substance P?

Hey....Good work, MissA!

I hadn't mentioned that initial step, where basically the intense stimulus causes the C-fiber nerve endings to shoot their load, so to speak, and then they have nothing left. If you continue using the capsaicin cream regularly, the long-term effect is temporary atrophy of the nerve endings so no more substance P is produced. The language used in that piece you found--"killing the nociceptor" and "destroying the peripheral terminal"--exaggerates things and gives the erroneous impression that the effect is permanent.

sheila

Author: MsVeeDub Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4467 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/6/2002 8:25 AM
Thank you, ladies, for the additional information. Is the capsaicin connection the same reason why altoids and listerine strips work the way they do?

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4468 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/6/2002 8:56 AM
Recommendations: 2
I don't understand. Are you all saying I should sit on Redsavina?

Author: MsVeeDub Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4469 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/6/2002 9:12 AM
Are you all saying I should sit on Redsavina?

I don't know, I've been out of the loop. But anything's worth a try.

Author: MissAnthrope Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4472 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/6/2002 6:07 PM
Is the capsaicin connection the same reason why altoids and listerine strips work the way they do?

I don't think peppermint has capsaicin; it does have volatile oils of some kind, though, that's fer damn sure.

See also: toothpaste, cinnamon candies, various flavored alcohols.

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4473 of 7630
Subject: Re: It's been confirmed Date: 9/6/2002 8:28 PM
Is the capsaicin connection the same reason why altoids and listerine strips work the way they do?

No no no! Capsaicin on very sensitive tissues would be a major turn-off. Called pain.

sheila

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement