Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: beccapooka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4867  
Subject: It's here! Date: 12/21/2004 3:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
A while back I posted that I sold a short story. My check ($10) and my copies arrived today. YEAH!!! I'm glad that it got here before Christmas since I bought several copies to give as gifts.

The link for the magazine is www.thefirstline.com, but they don't post their stories online. Their website isn't updated as far as saying the winter issue is available (but obviously it is), and their list of contributors doesn't yet include my name, either. (Wah!) And I don't get anything if you go to the website or if you don't... I'm just posting it because I'm soooooooo excited! :)

YEAH ME!!!

Rebecca

Print the post Back To Top
Author: JustWhoIAm Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3602 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/21/2004 3:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Congrats Rebecca.

Keith

Author: SRHCB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3603 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/21/2004 3:13 PM
Recommendations: 1
RE: becca: "YEAH ME!!!"

Now you can quit your day job!

SB (known to dispense rash advice)

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3604 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/21/2004 8:36 PM
Wow Rebecca!!! Yeah you indeed! With all you do in your busy life, you get your story published. Good for you!

I'm ordering a copy from Atomic Books in Baltimore. Here's a link to the page that lists contributors. I think they may have left out an e on your last name, but there you are, right at the end of the list.

COOL!!!!!

http://www.atomicbooks.com/detail.php?catid=73&prodid=6848

You rock!!!

Verna

Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3605 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/21/2004 10:01 PM
Yea, you, Rebecca,

Way to go! What a smart bunch of people I hang out with.

Jack G

Author: Chapman208 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3606 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/22/2004 11:31 AM
You go, girl!

Mark.

Author: JustWhoIAm Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3608 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/22/2004 11:56 AM
Rebecca, I have a question. My 9 year old daughter likes to write (as I noted in an earlier thread) and I was wondering if The First Line was a potential outlet for her to try submitting stories to. She has already started a story on how life would be easier if she were a cartoon, but I do not know if it is what The First Line is looking for.

Any thoughts?

Keith

P.S. I did order the latest issue last night, but thought I would ask your opinion as well.

Author: beccapooka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3609 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/22/2004 11:58 AM
Keith,

That's not a question I can really answer. When you get the magazine, read it over and see what you think, comparing it to your daughter's writing. That's about the best advice I can give.

Rebecca

Author: JustWhoIAm Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3610 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/22/2004 11:59 AM
Thanks.

Keith

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3615 of 4867
Subject: Re: It's here! Date: 12/24/2004 6:06 PM
Recommendations: 1
Rebecca,

I just received a package in the mail from a bookstore in Baltimore. I felt silly ordering just one @$2 each, so I ordered four books. Naturally, I opened it right away and turned to your story first.

It was not the kind of story one would expect from someone as young as yourself. It was definitely writen from the perspective of a person much older, who grew up before the plethora of shopping centers and "super stores" sprang up. I sincerely believe Grandma Moses or someone of her age is channeling through you.

It was a wonderful, heartwarming story. You are very talented. I suggest everyone here do as I did..."google" The First Line and find a book store you can either visit or order from. My package arrived in just two days.

Congratulations Becca, this is indeed a "gem". I'm so proud of you and so glad to call you my friend!

Happy holiday hugs.

Verna

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement