Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MikeInIndy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 81940  
Subject: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/8/2012 7:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
... and it's getting dark and my lighting skills are in need of help, but here's tonight's din-din...

Memphis Dogs... wrapped in bacon, grilled, topped with Grandma Fosters spicy BBQ sauce, shredded sharp cheddar and green O.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l535/CrossroadsOfAmerica...

On the side (sorry, it's single side night), roasted garlic and fresh thyme mac-and-cheese. Yeah, it was really, really good. With pepper jack and sharp cheddar.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l535/CrossroadsOfAmerica...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77786 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/8/2012 9:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
The girls had grilled cheese and tomato soup. I had Skyline cheese coneys.

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77787 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 5:04 AM
I had leftover lobster that I bought on sale at a St Louis Asian market for $7.99/lb, live. I steamed them outside in a covered 36 qt stainless steel pot over a Bayou Classic propane jet burner with a flame spreader (also works great for stir-frying and deep frying, with less risk of burning the homestead down): http://bayouclassicdepot.com/sp1_propane_jet_burner.htm I gave 2 of the lobsters to my daughter for a birthday gift. She ate 1 at my apartment and took the other home with her Sunday. The line at the seafood counter was a 20+ minute wait, even though they had 3 hard working gentlemen attending it. Much of their time was spent cleaning fish, which they offered a wide variety of. Iced Red Snapper seemed the most popular product of the day, most were sold scaled and gutted, with the heads on - Many Asians consider fish head the best part of the fish, whether for making soup or for eating the cheeks (and brain)...

To me, the best part of steamed fish is the two pieces of fish cheek. The slightly chewy texture of fish cheeks is simply divine...
http://rasamalaysia.com/steamed-fish-recipe/

Author: OleDocJ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77788 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 5:41 AM
I had enchiladas and rice (arroz rojo) that my neighbors brought over Sunday night. Very good enchiladas but not much sauce. Really good flavor, though. I asked the youngest daughter who made them; she said they were catered so that no one had to do a lot of work cooking for their dad's birthday celebration.

Basically, just plain chicken enchiladas with the chicken rolled in tortillas coated with red chile sauce. Served with shredded lettuce, tomatillo salsa and queso fresco. Very mild, but the flavor was divine, subtle but divine!

Same with the rice. It was very simple. Just a bit of tomato sauce in it but the spices were very elegant but simple.

Wish I knew the recipe!!!

The flavor was more like what you get from a good Mexican restaurant in California - I wish I knew the secret of the seasoning!!!

OleDoc

Author: voelkels Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77790 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 7:13 AM
I did shrimps in a Thai-style red curry with basmati rice. I originally wanted to make it Saturday night after I returned from the shooting range but DW had a late lunch and said dat she wasn’t hungry, especially after watching da LSU football team playing at da swamp.
;-(

Looks like the best Thai restaurant here on “The Northshore” will be closed for a while (See; http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/09/thai_thai_by_ric... ). Seems that they were serving coke by the packet besides by the glass.
;-(

C.J.V. - as on of DW’s friends said “bye bye Thai Thai”, her

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77791 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 7:38 AM
Looks like the best Thai restaurant here on “The Northshore” will be closed for a while (See; http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/09/thai_thai_by_ric...... ). Seems that they were serving coke by the packet besides by the glass.
;-(

C.J.V. - as on of DW’s friends said “bye bye Thai Thai”, her

I agree with your wife's friend, wholeheartedly.

Bob

Author: MikeInIndy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77792 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 7:39 AM
Bayou Classic propane jet burner with a flame spreader

That's on my to-get list.

Author: blueberryhill Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77793 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 7:59 AM
Recommendations: 2
I made Arroz con Pollo and it was actually very good. I was surprised
because I made it with leftover chicken.

I don't think I made anything to go with it, truthfully I can't remember.

Blue

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77794 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 8:55 AM
Bayou Classic propane jet burner with a flame spreader

That's on my to-get list.

A flame tamer/heat diffuser is a very good idea. It burns really hot.
http://www.outdoorcooking.com/camp-chef-flame-tamer.html

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77795 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 9:36 AM
I agree with your wife's friend, wholeheartedly.

Bob

I spent many sleepless nights, wondering if I would have to bury my daughter - Gratefully, she is now off illicit drugs, assures me that she will never return and is living a much more decent life. I sleep a lot better and really enjoy spending time with her.

Bob

Author: riprock45 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77796 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 1:00 PM
Recommendations: 2
This weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada.

Even though there was just me and Missus Riprock, I did the whole experience.

I cooked a 'leven pound turkey (the smallest we could get) with Skordalia mashed potatoes, Harvard beets, and steamed carrots, and white wine and pumpkin pie and whipped cream and more white wine, and then some port.

Goodnight.

Rip

Author: riprock45 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77797 of 81940
Subject: Re: It's Monday night.... Date: 10/9/2012 1:36 PM
I forgot the Cranberry sauce, which is ironic since we live in the small town of Fort Langley BC, Cranberry capital of Canada.

Missus Riprock made it. She used fresh Cranberries and orange juice and zest and other stuff which is secret and Port wine, some of which was left over, but mysteriously disappeared.

The end,

Rip

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement