UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 881792  
Subject: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/15/2013 9:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 51
Wow. I just saw my balloons, and I find myself compelled to post something momentous.

I got nothin'.

Actually, that's not true. I've been on the Fool, mostly on this board, for 13 years! That's a long time. Longer than I've been in my house, in my job, or in a relationship. (ok, that last one may just be sad...)

In that time, I've learned a lot about money, a little about investing, met one Fool IRL I consider a friend, even though we don't keep in touch very well (my fault completely). I've quit a job, started a job, got promoted, moved away, moved back, asked for and got a demotion, saved some money, bought a house, sold a house, bought another house, and another house. Had a mild nervous breakdown. Fell in love, fell out of love. Lost weight, gained weight, lost weight, gained weight, lost weight... Became a landlord. Had my fiction published. I've upsized and downsized. I left my thirties, and now find myself almost ready to enter my 50's. Got some good dogs, lost some good dogs and cats. Lost my dad.

In other words, lived life. And a lot of that life I've shared with you.

I do credit the Fool and this board and the people on it, with making me think about money and its impact on living that life, or what it means to have a life, and money's impact on it. There are some people on this board I've gotten annoyed with, some people that, when I see their name, I can't wait to read their posts. Some posts I find myself nodding my head at, some posts I roll my eyes about, but looking back, it's ALL been valuable.

I imagine I'll glide into retirement still hanging out on this board. I hope you guys will all be here with me.

Janet
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jeffbrig Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872450 of 881792
Subject: Re: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/16/2013 12:15 AM
Recommendations: 1
Happy Fooliversary!

I've been here almost 13 years as well (13 in June), and reckon I'll continue checking in for a long time as well. I've learned a bit, been smart with money at times, been totally (and willfully) stupid with it at other times. No regrets, it's all turned out for the best so far.

Not sure you'll recognize my name in particular, as I tend to read a heck of a lot more than I post. Especially in recent years.

Author: TMFHunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872451 of 881792
Subject: Re: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/16/2013 12:19 AM
Recommendations: 3
Happy Fooliversary!

I've really enjoyed reading your posts over the years, especially your newest changes!

Thanks for sharing your life with us!

Fool On!
TMFHunzi

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872463 of 881792
Subject: Re: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/17/2013 1:00 AM
A day late, but happy fooliversary etc.

Actually, you are one of the posters I have always respected and admired. (Yeah, you don't need to pay me for this!) You blend good advice, some specialized knowledge, interesting musings, dashes of humor, warmth, honesty about your own life, and you seem to "listen" to others with responses that are always to the point. You never waste words.

It is always a pleasure to see good writing on the boards too.

Big Momma
( who is feeling crabby about her own life right now, and rarely gets to the computer)

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872466 of 881792
Subject: Re: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/17/2013 10:15 AM
Recommendations: 0
Congrats a bit late and it's been fun being around some of the same boards with you :-) I think it's been about 13 years for me, too, so I get what you're saying about all the "being there" stuff. I hope you continue on for your 50s and beyond.

cm

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872467 of 881792
Subject: Re: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/17/2013 11:30 AM
Recommendations: 3
Nyah nyah nyah..I beat you guys..( of course I am much older)

I started reading the Fool in 1994 and bought AOL thanks to the Gardners, at that time, which helped with buying a house when we moved to the mid south for a few years, (but didn't do anything after that.)

This board has been particularly good over the years, with running jokes like SP's carpet,....and as MEK says, with a lot of life changes for us all.

One feels one has friends here.

Author: rita205 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872474 of 881792
Subject: Re: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/17/2013 8:39 PM
So many message boards and especially email groups that I was very involved with have fizzled out, largely because of Facebook. I'm so very glad this place is still kicking.

I don't participate as much as many of y'all but I feel I know you all, too. thanks to all the regulars for keeping it alive here

Rita

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872478 of 881792
Subject: Re: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/18/2013 9:12 AM
Yay Janet! I could have written your post myself; same feelings, same types of life experiences, although you have had many more challenges.

I am with you -- I hope that the Fool stays around a very long time.

Andrea

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872572 of 881792
Subject: Re: It's my Fooliversary! Date: 3/22/2013 10:43 AM
Recommendations: 0
Your post made Post of the DAy! :)

Andrea

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement