UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744927  
Subject: It's Not Gun Control, It's People Control Date: 2/24/2013 8:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/02/37933-ex-secret-service-agen...

Former U.S. Senate candidate for Maryland and ex-secret service agent Dan Bongino gave a stirring speech at a 2nd Amendment rally nearly a month ago. The off-the-cuff manifesto has started to catch fire.

The speech focused on how rights are not under government’s authority to give or take away. While some might take umbrage at the implication that anyone is trying to take away citizen’s rights, even the author of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and current Senator Dianne Feinstein openly admitted she would take away all Americans’ guns if she could.

Bongino asked about universal background checks and if this legislation would lead to a national gun registry that could be used for firearms confiscation. Such was the experience of citizens in recent history in both Canada and England.

There were also particularly pithy lines such as, “We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep!”

His speech is a heartfelt tribute to the country; and it is particularly interesting, because Bongino explicitly denies vicious stereotypes typically said of anyone who speaks up for his Constitutional rights. This is an effective way for citizens to fight the smears of those who boldly stand up for their nation as it was envisioned by its founders.
-------------------------------------------------------
Good stuff.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673086 of 744927
Subject: Re: It's Not Gun Control, It's People Control Date: 2/25/2013 9:46 PM
Recommendations: 1
Happy Balloon Day, 2828!

Author: catmeyoo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673093 of 744927
Subject: Re: It's Not Gun Control, It's People Control Date: 2/25/2013 11:35 PM
Recommendations: 1
Happy Balloon Day from me too 2828 :-) It's almost over though.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673096 of 744927
Subject: Re: It's Not Gun Control, It's People Control Date: 2/25/2013 11:59 PM
Recommendations: 2
Thanks cat, and LD, and everyone else. It's been a wild ride. Well as wild as posting can get. I just finished watching the Blackhawks extend their undefeated in regulation streak at 19 games and i feel like i've given birth.

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673098 of 744927
Subject: Re: It's Not Gun Control, It's People Control Date: 2/26/2013 12:04 AM
Recommendations: 2
" It's been a wild ride. Well as wild as posting can get. I just finished watching the Blackhawks extend their undefeated in regulation streak at 19 games and i feel like i've given birth. "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Be glad you have not been boarded.

Howie52
Personally, I am glad you have not been boring.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement