UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736140  
Subject: Re: Good news for PA Leftists Date: 10/9/2012 10:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It's not just the media, it's the citizenry.

And we're a stoopid citizenry, sorry.

For instance, for so long, foreign interests have influenced our politicians. Maybe not by outright bribes, but via Presidential Library donations, thru multinational corporations, hiring ex-U.S government trade negotiators, foreign lobbies, etc.

And as America, be it industry or foreign policy sees itself more and more under the control of anyone from China, Israel, Mexico, whatever.......the rabbits which are us gleefully line up behind FOX or MSNBC, and somehow overlook this stuff.

I don't doubt that Liberals own the media. I don't doubt that Obama and the Liberal way of doing elections is closer to the 3rd world than we've seen in America in a long time.

But I still believe that in America, as long as people have gas in our car and beer money, most of us will be clueless as to the sellout that as taken place ....courtesy of BOTH parties. Clinton, Bush, Obama, they've all dipped their pens into sorry inks, be it China, Saudi, Vietnam, Mexico's PRI party, you name it.

Yet Libs are happy to "work with the world" and Cons are happy for "free trade",,,trouble is, we've embraced what our masters have taught us not as policy, but as religion.

In other news, lets congratulate the Chinese on the increasing space and military spending they can do. Wonder who helped them get that money? And then let's go thru old industry towns, see our American families that used to be proud, now working check-to-check and seeing family units deteriorate.

But hey, it's progress. Earnings per share were up. And other countries benefit too. And our stuff is cheaper!

jediG
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement