No. of Recommendations: 0
It's not possible to open an IRA directly for a minor, since there is an IRA account agreement that must be signed.

You have to open a custodial IRA where you sign it and agree to make sure the rules and regulations are followed.

I suggest asking on the "Retirement Investing" board.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.