UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: epona4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 317  
Subject: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/29/2007 12:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello.

Came here trying to learn more about ADHD. I came to the realization last week that I just might be undiagnosed ADD.

I'd been doing some heavy reading on the web and was getting very, VERY excited because, d@mn did this sound like me. Then I got distracted by family issues and had to let it drop for a few days. This weekend dh and I went to the library and I looked up books on Adult and teen ADD. I decided to NOT take every last book they had on the subject. I left 3 on the shelf. I didn't want to seem compulsive or anything.

So far what I have been reading has made me "happy". So much of it sounds like ME. Not every single symptom...but most. And now, I know I need to make an appointment with a professional to get tested and go from there. But I'm scared. I'm worried they will say "No, you don't have this." But, in my heart I am pretty darn sure that I do. I've been trying to "fix" my depression for years, but now I'm thinking that "Gee, maybe we're trying to fix the wrong thing!"

Also, my family history makes me think I'm on the right track here. Nobody was ever diagnosed with ADD in my family, but I'm sure my dad is. Won't hold onto a job for much more than a year or two, big dreamer, major cut-up (don't know enough about his childhood though)He really preformed his best in the military. Maybe because it "organized" his life? Everything was laid out in black and white.

And then there is my aunt on my moms side. Hyperactive. Must always be doing something. When she was a kid she would throw complete tantrums. Actually put her fist through a glass door when she was a little girl.

And my son. Smart. Amazingly smart. Won't do his homework. Or if he does he looses it. Always has to be tapping his feet, drumming his fingers, making some kind of noise. When he was 2 thru about 5 there were times when he would throw a complete fit and dh and I would take turns just holding him still. I remember holding him one night for 2 hours while he screamed and fought me to get free. But when I asked teachers and the ped about it they would say "No. I've had to deal with ADD kids and he's not one." And I have a friend who has 2 ADHD boys. They are both pretty serious. So I kept comparing DS to them and not thinking that "Gee maybe there are degrees of ADD." And then feeling guilty for even thinking that he might have issues with it.

Anyway, the more I think about and the more I read the more I think that the answer is somewhere in ADHD.

OK, back to the books.
b
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SoccerDad9998 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/29/2007 10:02 PM
Hello,

I have ADHD. It it nothing short of life changing to get meds and help with this for me. Huge impact on my finances and all parts of my life.

My physiatrist is something of an expert on the topic. I think I am in good hands.

Yes, there are degrees of ADHD. I would be a 7 on a scale of 10. 10 is usualy unable to function in the world without meds. Many people down in the 3 to 6 range might never get help when they compare to 10s.

As you research you should find 2 sub-types of ADHD and you should find it very common to have other disorders in addition to ADHD. For example: I have OCD and 2 other disorders. They all feed each other and react to the other. I just wanted to point this out as if you goto a general medical doctor and get Riddlin or some other common drugs and the doctor does not know how or has too limited experience in testing for related disorders then you could spend your wheels.

Lots and lots of meds to try for ADHD - so, just becuase first 1 or 2 are not for you does not mean there are not 4 or 5 more to try.

Beyond the meds you will still have a life long stuggle. I have to have many systems in place to remind me to do "what is important but not interesting" (pay bills, talk with DW about boring topics and so on).

Well, I hope to hear back from you. I need some support with ADHD and money management. I think I could help you and others with my experiences.

Best of Luck
SoccerDad

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 111 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/29/2007 10:48 PM
Hey b,

Came here trying to learn more about ADHD.

I've only recently started gathering links for ADD/ADHD info myself...

www.williamaford.us/HealthTopics.php#AttentionDeficitDisorder

...as I was finally diagnosed with ADD barely two years ago at the age of 40. It sure explains a LOT from my childhood. :-)

And now, I know I need to make an appointment with a professional to get tested and go from there. But I'm scared. I'm worried they will say "No, you don't have this." But, in my heart I am pretty darn sure that I do. I've been trying to "fix" my depression for years, but now I'm thinking that "Gee, maybe we're trying to fix the wrong thing!"

Well, I have also been a chronic depressive for most of my life...that I can remember anyway, so it's quite possible you're dealing with both problems too. That kinda makes it a little harder to "fix," but once you do get diagnosed it'll be easier for your MDs to figure out what treatments y'all'll need.

Good luck with the diagnosis and keep us updated on your progress!

ßillƒ a.k.a. Bill

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 112 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/29/2007 10:59 PM
Hey SoccerDad,

Yes, there are degrees of ADHD. I would be a 7 on a scale of 10. 10 is usualy unable to function in the world without meds. Many people down in the 3 to 6 range might never get help when they compare to 10s.

I agree with that wholeheartily! Even though I was finally diagnosed with ADD, I HAD to adjust and learn to live with it as I was growing up because no one realized there was something "malfunctioning" in my body at the time.

As you research you should find 2 sub-types of ADHD and you should find it very common to have other disorders in addition to ADHD. For example: I have OCD and 2 other disorders. They all feed each other and react to the other.

And I also agree with that wholeheartily! I've been a chronic depressive most of my life and am slightly OCD as well. It's almost as if some of these types of things go hand in hand with each other, which probably makes it more difficult to diagnose sometimes.

Lots and lots of meds to try for ADHD - so, just becuase first 1 or 2 are not for you does not mean there are not 4 or 5 more to try.

So true, but, just as an FYI for anyone, please be careful as most ADD/ADHD meds are in the amphetamine family which could cause problems if there are any heart related "issues" to deal with as well. I also have Marfans syndrome, and the major issue we Marfs have to deal with is having an aneurysm on our aortic artery...which I do have. So, I am limited by the types of ADD meds I can take because some of them could actually cause more serious problems than what they could fix.

I think I could help you and others with my experiences.

I will be looking forward to hearing more from you on this subject then. And, when I have the time to write some serious stuff about myself, it might help some of y'all too.

ßillƒ

Author: epona4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 113 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/30/2007 7:16 AM
Recommendations: 1
Bill and SoccerDad,

Thanks for the replies. I actually did not think I would hear anything since this is such and inactive board. But I thought I'd give it a shot.

Right now I am trying to find some Pdocs in my area that deal with ADHD. I do not want to go to my gp as he lost my trust last year. (I know I need to just find a new one. I have issues doing that, too)

I HAD to adjust and learn to live with it as I was growing up because no one realized there was something "malfunctioning" in my body at the time.

I've tried several times to get things "under control" and would get frustrated because it just wasn't coming together and darn it all why WASN'T I pulling it together like most other people did? I haven't read the book "You Mean I'm not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy" yet, but the title made me tear up. I can't tell you HOW many times my mom told me that "You are JUST like your father. You're lazy." This was hard considering how many times Ma told me how awful my dad was. (they divorced when I was 7 due to his drinking and messing around. I remember mom singing in the car at the top of her lungs whenever "Your Nobody Called Today" came on.)

Maybe this will start things up on the board again. I'd really like to hear more for folks who have learned to deal with and use it in their lives.

b

Author: SoccerDad9998 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 114 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/30/2007 11:45 AM
Recommendations: 3
Right now I am trying to find some Pdocs in my area that deal with ADHD. I do not want to go to my gp as he lost my trust last year. (I know I need to just find a new one. I have issues doing that, too)

I could not imagine trying to get help with this through a general practing medical doctor. They would be very limited in experience and very limited in treatment options. My physiatrist deals all day long with ADHD, depression, anxiety, bi-polar and more extreme disorders. btw- He works with a psychologist - so, I do not just get meds... but, also lots of help working out systems to deal with it, getting family members to understand it and get to work-out my emotions in dealing with it. He has all the tests, research, latest med info and continues to publish papers. I would strongly encourage you to see a physiatrist with experience. This will help with not only diagnosing ADHD but also other disorders (maybe you have general depression or manic depression as well).

epona4,
It seems like you are having a difficult time getting help, facing some fears and so on. Please get a diagnosis asap. Life is so much better when you know exactly what you are up against. The test is rather subjective (written test) and an experienced physiatrist will need to ask follow-up questions if you do not clearly score as ADHD. He will be able to tell you which traits of ADHD are strongest in you.

In my case it was difficult for my doctor to convince me I had it. I argued with him a little. Then he pointed out many problems I was having and then I said "you got meds to fix those problems - I am in". It was a huge change in the quality of my life.

I'd really like to hear more for folks who have learned to deal with and use it in their lives.

Oh man. I could write a short novel on how many problems this has caused and how many "systems" I have in place to keep me on track. Let me just highlight 3:

1. "Doing what is interesting and not important" - that would be a huge part of the reason that I am $100k in debt. Budgets, paying bills and so on are very boring. It is extremely difficult and many people will just conclude that I am making it up, being lazy or whatever. But, I will actualy see debt growing, money problems and have the very best intentions to deal with these very important issues. I get side-tracked on something more interesting to me and another month will go by where I have a 3 hour panic at the end of the month about bills, a budget that will not balance and I would swear: "this is the last month - this is hell - this is stupid - I have the money - I just need to keep on top of this".... next month... same thing happens.

For #1 - meds + many e-mail reminders + post it notes + MS Money alerts

2. "Hyper-Focus" / OCD - loosing track of time, focusing on a task for 4, 8, 16, 24, 36 hrs straight. I forget to eat, I forget to-do a bunch of other important day to day tasks. This is also what leads to spending $10k on a bath-room remodel when it was just suppose to be a toilet repair or replacement trip to Home Depot. Some "perfectionist" qualities are in here as well (traits of the OCD or "H" part of ADHD).

For #2 - meds + many calendar and watch alerts and DW telling me "you are doing it again"

3. "Not staying engaged in boring or daily tasks" - this is the part where DW or anyone starts making small talk about nothing special and I "check-out". This is really bad for a relationship. This is also difficult to complete boring tasks and I get accused of procrastination or being lazy.

For #3 - meds + techniques to repeat back what is being said + techniques to think about how important and interesting the problems are going to cause if not addressed.

Example: that includes #1 - #3 = DW calls at work to remind me to attend some boring social event after work. I say ok. Manager asks me to complete a simple task before leaving from work today. I say ok. I get very interested, "hyper-focused" on an interesting task or problem to solve and after hours I get reminders from DW & Manager. I say ok and see that I only have a couple hours to complete tasks and leave for the event... "right after I finish this problem I am working on - which is just about completed". A few more reminders from manager and DW finally get me to stop my interesting problem solving, complete the task at work with poor quality, leave to the event way too late, arrive late, forget to bring something DW asked me to bring and then spend most of the time at the event (party for example) thinking about that problem that I have not completed yet instead of engaging in conversation. After the party I go straight to the computer at home to finish the problem - even if it takes me late into the night.

Meds just give me the option or opportunity to select what I focus on or work on. I still need lots of systems, reminders, alerts, to-do lists and techniques to break-out of my mode and evaluate what I need to-do.

btw- I think this is different than another sub-type of ADHD in which the person feels overwhelmed with many tasks, tries franticaly to multi-task and just keeps spinning their wheels not making much progress on any one task. This is also different from the trait of the person who just gives up trying to focus on anything and either gets depressed or acts very hyper. These traits (as I understand) are more common than my traits in the typical ADHD person.

Maybe, we can start a thread more focused on one area in the future: "How do you manage you finances with ADHD?"

best of luck to all
SoccerDad

Author: epona4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/30/2007 1:56 PM
SoccerDad,

Thanks for examples. I think I'm there in the spinning wheels and not getting things done category. Always so many things, projects, jobs I want, need to do. I start and then realize "Wait, this is more important" and move to thing #2, then child needs help with homework and after that I don't even remember that I was working on something and go off and start #3 project.

There's also the "not sleeping because I have 100 things running through my head" issue.

As for managing finances...I am very lucky that I have jim. He is the one who takes care of it. But I really need to be much more involved. I need to figure out how to do this effectively. (God forbid anything happen to him and I'm stuck trying to figure all this out on my own.)

b

Author: SoccerDad9998 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/30/2007 3:06 PM
There's also the "not sleeping because I have 100 things running through my head" issue.

Oh yes, years and years and years of not sleeping because I keep thinking of things, trying to solve a problem, going over and over something, making to-do lists when I should be sleeping. Lots of insomnia. I can not "shut if off". On the test this is labeled "persistent, recurring thoughts that are often un-wanted, intrusive and produce a loss of focus, loss of sleep or loss of ability to accomplish tasks".

I can not begin to articulate the difference between my insomnia years and the last 6 years with meds. Day / Night. Meds work.

You are on the right track. Someone else could give you examples of the stronger traits you have and you would think they are a mind reader.

You are the other sub-type than me. But, we have traits in common:

ADHD Subtypes

Question: Why do most ADHD individuals have symptoms of different subtypes?

Answer: Models have been developed to show how a person can inherit one subtype of ADHD and develop symptoms of the other over time. This helps us to understand the fact that the majority of ADHD patients have some symptoms of both. Problems with focus, attention, and concentration can be associated with both types. In one the brain won't turn on - “not interested”. In the other there's too much noise and the individual can't focus on the important because of too many unimportant distractions.

best of luck
SoccerDad

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/31/2007 5:26 PM
Hey b,

Maybe this will start things up on the board again. I'd really like to hear more for folks who have learned to deal with and use it in their lives.

Oh, I have some stories to share alright, but it might take some time to get them together and then they'd take some time to read. :-)

Seriously though, I'm glad to see there is some interest on this board and I've thought about adding some of my own ADD experiences on my web site, so maybe this is the "nudge" I needed. As soon as I get it finished and on my site I'll post the link here for y'all to read.

ßillƒ

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/31/2007 5:30 PM
I think I'm there in the spinning wheels and not getting things done category. Always so many things, projects, jobs I want, need to do. I start and then realize "Wait, this is more important" and move to thing #2, then child needs help with homework and after that I don't even remember that I was working on something and go off and start #3 project.

LOL...I'm in the same boat as SoccerDad...Sticky Notes everywhere, notes from the DW on the Whiteboard, cell phone alarm/s, and occasional follow-up phone calls from DW to help "remind" me to get off the computer and do stuff. :-)

ßillƒ

Author: epona4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 120 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/31/2007 6:05 PM
LOL...I'm in the same boat as SoccerDad...Sticky Notes everywhere, notes from the DW on the Whiteboard, cell phone alarm/s, and occasional follow-up phone calls from DW to help "remind" me to get off the computer and do stuff. :-)

I have started doing that with the cell phone! I can't tell you how many ortho, dental and GP appointments I've missed because I forgot. "I don't understand! I remembered last night before I went to bed! I even wrote it down in my planner!" I just forgot to LOOK in said planner.

And the "getting of the computer"...yup. The past couple days I've done very little else when I'm not driving kid 1 home or kid 3 to choir or color guard or doing laundry or feeding horses. There is SO much I should be doing. But what am I doing instead? I am being concerned about whether two people who posted the exact same post are both lying or if one is actually being truthful.

WHY DO I CARE??

b

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 121 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/31/2007 6:20 PM
And the "getting of the computer"...yup. The past couple days I've done very little else when I'm not driving kid 1 home or kid 3 to choir or color guard or doing laundry or feeding horses.

My biggest problem is that since I'm disabled, my computer purty much IS my life now. The children have grown up and have their own vehicles and don't need me to taxi them around any more, or have moved out on their own. And since I'm disabled with a bad back and knee, I can't do too much to help around the house either.

That's why I spend so much time on TMF and working on my web sites. Luckily for me the DW is OK with all'a this. Not too many people today would put up with a spouse sitting at home all day doing nothing.

ßillƒ

Author: epona4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/31/2007 6:33 PM
Bill,

Do you contribute to the family? With love and support? I'm betting there's a good reason she "puts up with it". :)

I would put up with my spouse being in that situation because a) I love him to bits and b)he has supported me when I've been down and c) I know he would do what he was able to do to help the family.

b

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 124 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/31/2007 7:34 PM
Hey b,

Do you contribute to the family? With love and support? I'm betting there's a good reason she "puts up with it". :)

Yes Ma'am, I do have a special talent that she's somewhat found of...I cook. :-)

I'm somewhat old fashioned, since I was partially raised by my grandparents, in that a man is supposed to take care of his family, but she realizes that I truly love her and support her in any, and every, way I can. I even, finally, convinced her to go back to school so she could learn a new career. She'll graduate later this year and I'll do anything and everything I possibly can to help her start her own business.

I only wish I could contribute more than I currently do...It's probably a "man thing" that makes us feel like we're "less" of a man if we're not financially supporting our family.

I dunno how I got so lucky to have found her, or what I've done to deserve and/or keep her, but I sure know that I don't wanna ever do anything stupid to screw this up and lose her. I "know" what I've got and I plan on keeping her forever.

I would put up with my spouse being in that situation because a) I love him to bits and b)he has supported me when I've been down and c) I know he would do what he was able to do to help the family.

You and Mr. b are very lucky to have found each other!! I wish y'all the Best in Everything Y'all Do Together!!

ßillƒ

*danm lucky, me!*

Author: epona4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/31/2007 7:59 PM
Bill,

You are now officially added to "b's sexy fools" list! The list of course includes jim2b (my dh), Jedi, ziggy29, Duck, d'man and Retired Vermonter.

Other than jim, I've never laid eyes on any of you. BUT a man who talks that way about his wife and supports and encourages her to go back to school is very sexy!

Now I just started this list earlier this week. So I am hoping that it will grow. (it would be nice knowing there are more men like that on the board!)

Oh...you also get bonus points for the cooking thing. I swear if it weren't for jim's cooking we would have starved the first few years we were married.

And I am very lucky to have my man. 17 years (in April.) and 4 kids. Very blessed indeed.

b

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 128 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 1/31/2007 8:26 PM
Hey b,

You are now officially added to "b's sexy fools" list!

*blush*

LOL...Just don't tell the DW!! ;-)

The list of course includes jim2b (my dh), Jedi, ziggy29, Duck, d'man and Retired Vermonter.

*blush again for being included in such a list of Real Men*

I "think" I recognize a coupla those names, but I know for sure I know who RetiredVermonter is. He's a real sweetheart who truly adores, admires, and LOVES his wife!! He's an awesome example of what a real man should be!!

http://boards.fool.com/Profile.asp?uid=152923397

I first met him on the Sex & Relationships board a few years ago and loved reading his posts about his love for his wife. If your hubby is HALF the man RV is, then you struck GOLD!!

And, Happy Fooliversary!! you yer Honey...Today's his anniversary of joining TMF.

http://boards.fool.com/Profile.asp?uid=248461693

Other than jim, I've never laid eyes on any of you.

Well, here's me and my Honey;

www.lindacford.com/OurWedding.php

BUT a man who talks that way about his wife and supports and encourages her to go back to school is very sexy!

*blush once again*

Hmmm...Do I keep this going and possibly suffer more head swelling praise or stop this now!!?? Nahhh, cain't stop now...

Love at First Sight - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17402395

The Proposal - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17409838

Touching - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17462382

OT: Y'all Mind if I brag about my Wife? - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17694809

Last Night - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17766212

OK, that's enough already...I Truly Do Love My Wife, obviously. :-)

Oh...you also get bonus points for the cooking thing. I swear if it weren't for jim's cooking we would have starved the first few years we were married.

LOL...And that goes back to the Love at First Sight post. <bg>

I have always enjoyed cooking and do not mind grocery shopping either, but since I hate doing laundry and washing dishes, it was a fairly good trade-off for both of us. ;-)

And I am very lucky to have my man. 17 years (in April.) and 4 kids. Very blessed indeed.

It sounds like it and I feel privileged that you shared this info with me/us! Thanks!

I hope y'all have Many More Wonderful Years Together!!

And, y'all make sure to inform Mr. Jim that if'n he doesn't take good care of y'all, and if my Mrs. ever decides to kick me out, he'll have some competition on his hands...LOL...Just Kidding! :-)

Again, thanks for sharing and thanks for the kind words!

ßillƒ

Author: epona4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 2/1/2007 8:10 AM
LOL...Just don't tell the DW!! ;-)

Now it depends on the woman. And the content. *I* personally have a bit of a jealous streak when it comes to my man. BUT I do appriciate when a woman admires him for loving me and the kids so much. (and IF I am in the right head space, and I see a woman checking him out, I get start getting a bit of a 'tude. "Yup, that is MY man. Dig me!" ;)

but I know for sure I know who RetiredVermonter is. He's a real sweetheart who truly adores, admires, and LOVES his wife!! He's an awesome example of what a real man should be!!

Amen!

Well, here's me and my Honey;

Love the one with her looking up at you. VERY nice pic.

OK, that's enough already...I Truly Do Love My Wife, obviously. :-)

So, do the guys ever tease you for being sappy? :)

I have always enjoyed cooking and do not mind grocery shopping either, but since I hate doing laundry and washing dishes, it was a fairly good trade-off for both of us. ;-)

Divide and conquere!

It sounds like it and I feel privileged that you shared this info with me/us! Thanks!

Well, thanks. Sometimes I just start rambling and can't stop. :)

And, y'all make sure to inform Mr. Jim that if'n he doesn't take good care of y'all, and if my Mrs. ever decides to kick me out, he'll have some competition on his hands...LOL...Just Kidding! :-)

LOL!! Luckily, I've got 3 BIL and a MIL who would kick his @$$ if he did something stupid. ;)

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135 of 317
Subject: Re: It's ok. I like talking to myself Date: 2/1/2007 12:54 PM
Now it depends on the woman. And the content. *I* personally have a bit of a jealous streak when it comes to my man. BUT I do appriciate when a woman admires him for loving me and the kids so much. (and IF I am in the right head space, and I see a woman checking him out, I get start getting a bit of a 'tude. "Yup, that is MY man. Dig me!" ;)

LOL...Just like my DW! And, you're safe, I told her about this thread already and she didn't grab the shotgun and run out the door. ;-)

Love the one with her looking up at you. VERY nice pic.

That's our fav too and the one most people always pic as theirs.

So, do the guys ever tease you for being sappy? :)

Nah, they know better...I'd pop 'em in the eye. ;-)

Well, thanks. Sometimes I just start rambling and can't stop. :)

Probably the one thing that drives the DW nuts about me. And the fact that I can strike up a conversation with a complete stranger and then just start rambling on.

LOL!! Luckily, I've got 3 BIL and a MIL who would kick his @$$ if he did something stupid. ;)

Heh, me too...Both her family and mine would hunt me down should I ever screw up...I gotta behave. :-)

ßillƒ

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement