UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Embuild Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 785  
Subject: It's only too late if you never start! Date: 3/2/2000 8:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I read with interest the comments on investing as a couple and felt compelled to comment. My husband and I are no youngsters chronologically but most certainly babes in the woods when it comes to investing. I have been a "passive" investor with my only investment being a 401k through work and an IRA must husband set up several years ago. I recently left my job and realized I needed to make a decision as to what to do with my only retirement funds, which by the way, only God knows how I set it up in the first place. I remember him dragging me off to a seminar that a rep from AG Edwards had put on many years ago (which prompted the IRA)and I sat fidgeting through the entire session. All I know is that as a result we had opened the IRA (which I thought had something to do with the Irish)! My husband suggested this website to begin my education, being the smart man that he is he did not try to educate me but sent me here. I am still no expert, but I wanted to take a minute to thank you for the increasing knowledge I get every time I log on not to mention my increasing portfolio.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Happily Ever After -- Financially Speaking
Eight Foolish tips for couples investing.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement