Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193094  
Subject: It's raining Date: 9/7/2007 10:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The first decent rain in quite a while: gentle, steady, several hours.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cswelch Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167871 of 193094
Subject: Re: It's raining Date: 9/8/2007 6:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
We've been getting quite a lot of rain in Austin, including some flash flooding. The catchword around here has been "Turn around, don't drown."

Actually this has been an odd summer for us. We made it through July and August with no 100 degree days and lots of rain.

The weather people predict a hard winter for Austin. I found a pic of me last year and I was wearing shorts. This was around Christmas.

Cathy "Cat"

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167872 of 193094
Subject: Re: It's raining Date: 9/8/2007 6:11 PM
The weather people predict a hard winter for Austin. I found a pic of me last year and I was wearing shorts. This was around Christmas.

Weather has certainly been wacky. Up here in the northern part of the state, last winter was particularly "hard." Not hard like the winters we suffered in NJ, but definitely colder than most folks around here like to experience.
This summer we had 2-3 weeks of often-100-degree-highs after a couple of months of big rains. The high temps are well behind us and it has been very pleasant.
Now we have fingers crossed for a more typical winter. Would like to be wearing shorts in December, but would settle for only requiring a windbreaker or sweatshirt.

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167876 of 193094
Subject: Re: It's raining Date: 9/8/2007 6:30 PM
Recommendations: 1
Would like to be wearing shorts in December, but would settle for only requiring a windbreaker or sweatshirt.

I've worn short several times in December. I was on vacation in the Bahamas!

Christina

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167880 of 193094
Subject: Re: It's raining Date: 9/8/2007 7:34 PM
but would settle for only requiring a windbreaker or sweatshirt.

only a windbreaker or sweatshirt?

<giggle:snort>

;^D

~~ Alison

Author: cswelch Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167884 of 193094
Subject: Re: It's raining Date: 9/9/2007 5:17 PM
Well today, Chili, in Austin it's NOT raining. It's 95 outside and it makes it hard to breathe.

On hot humid days we have ozone days on the bus because it is harder to breathe when it is, well, hot and humid.

Cathy "Cat"

Author: cerags Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167890 of 193094
Subject: Re: It's raining Date: 9/9/2007 11:55 PM
Recommendations: 4
Well, guys, it's been pretty wacky weather here in Wyoming, too. Hot June and July, followed by a moderate August, and d---ned little precipitation. But, fall is in the air. Thursday, I ventured north to a rancher client's place west of Big Piney and we spent most of the day in the Wyoming Range at 8000 - 8500'. Lots of gold patches amongst the green in the aspen groves. About 50 degrees most of the day. Then, on Friday afternoon, my wife and I headed north to my rancher cousin's place west of Meeteetse, Wyoming. Always an enjoyable trip: north to Farson, then northeast over South Pass to Lander, then on north to Thermopolis through Wind River Canyon in the Owl Creek Range, then northwest out of Thermop and over to Meeteetse. Two miles west, take a hard left turn onto a dirt and gravel road and a couple or three miles later, my cousin's place. You can actually see the stars at night.

As for fall in the air, it was 42 yesterday morning at his place and never got above 50, with a chilly west wind. This morning it was 40, got up to 44 by the time we left around 3. Highest temp the car thermometer showed all the way home was about 54 in Riverton. Drove in the clouds over South Pass, heavy fog and drizzle for almost 20 miles (might have been a couple of snow flakes, too, unless my eyes were fooling me, temp. 37 over the Pass). Trees beginning to turn up there, too. Cousin's step son told me over a beer last evening that he's already seen a little snow on Carter Mountain in the Abasaroka's, where their cattle Forest Service permit is located. Said the aspens up there had been turning for the last couple or three weeks. Said he's seen lots of wolves and grizzleys this summer, too.

Fun trip, but always lovely to get home.

Fall's just around the corner.

Cal

Author: acm4tax Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168079 of 193094
Subject: Re: It's raining Date: 9/14/2007 10:51 PM
I've worn short several times in December. I was on vacation in the Bahamas!

Smarty Pants!!!! LOL!

Arleen

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement