UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: QuickCarrera Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65972  
Subject: iTunes stuck in continual loop w/new iMac Date: 12/12/2012 7:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'll try and keep this brief...

I went to sync my iPhone5 with my new iMac. I am now stuck in this loop:
the iPhone backs up and syncs contacts, mail, etc. then when it gets to the music, I get this message:

"This computer is no longer authorized to play purchased items that are on the iPhone "Bill's iPhone". Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes store? if you do not authorize this computer, XX items, inlcuding. "xxxx" will be removed from the iPhone."

I hit the authorize button and the account dialogue box opens. Interestingly, it defaults to a .aol account that I haven't used in YEARS. So i change it to my current iTunes account info and enter the correct password. I then get this dialogue:

"This computer is already authorized. including this one, you have authorized 3 computers out of your available 5."

I hit ok...and then I am faced with the exact same dialogue box starting with "this computer is no longer authorized to play purchased items that are on the iPhone "Bill's iPhone". And the whole thing goes again…

I tried deauthorizing iTunes and downloading a fresh copy....no joy there.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

Bill
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Ringing the NASDAQ Bell
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement