Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Was interested in anyone's calculation of what HAS is worth. I have been following the Yahoo board but it is absolutely useless.

Some thoughts:

- interactive loses 53M!!!! I wonder if this is partly due to TLC's difficulties. IF interactive had hit its rev target of $300M vs. actual 229M and we assume variable costs of 20%, than group would have had a profit of 4M. Hasbro has reduced guidance ofr 2000 revs from 450M to about 320M. This hurts.

- SW sales of $650M, though only $500M sold through, meaning $150M with the retailers.

- Pokemeon and board games are pretty good.

- Hasbro is doing the right thing by shedding plants and after latest restructuring will only produce less than 25% of sales from HAS factories

This should make HAS less dependent on volume for profits. Seems to me HAS needs to raise prices to increase products for its hot brands. Couldn't do that with SW due to guaranteed licensing deal but with other products - INCREASE PRICES, INCREASE PRICES, INCREASE PRICES - margins are too low. I don't care if sales decline, I want margins up!!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement