UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFDavidG Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 89068  
Subject: Re: Unmarked the Board Date: 11/15/2002 6:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
Ivan,

We listen for ways to improve our services through several media, and through numerous different inputs (at Fool.com, everything from Web postings to site usage statistics). Many of the best suggestions we've ever obtained have been via e-mail, often from a single customer who was asking a question -- not even intending to make a formal suggestion!

What I'm saying is that this board is just one of many inputs, and naturally tends to be watched or ignored based on the quality of constructive criticism that it attains in any given week or month. We've had some wonderful gems here, and some very poor periods as well. I unmarked it months ago not out of any desire to stop improving Fooldom (quite the contrary, of course, as any business owner knows), but because a particularly prolonged period of preoccupation with things trivial became a timesink that seriously took away from my own efforts to improve the Fool. (That's just my personal take; I don't speak for anyone but myself, there.)

And yet I do tap back here from time to time -- and always will -- often led by one or more neat suggestions, or to provide my own suggestion for improvement (yep, I too have sometimes used this board for just that).

So while you've unmarked the board for now, I hope you'll consider two things:

(1) Sending me personally any suggestions you have to improve any aspect of The Motley Fool service (the more meaningful, the more appreciated) at DavidG@Fool.com, whenever you have them, and

(2) Coming back to this board from time to time when you have a creative suggestion or solution, or constructive criticism to provide, to help us help you better. This board doesn't have to be a daily read for anyone for it to still be an incredibly effective medium between our members and our internal decisionmakers. And a nice thing about posting here is that you can solicit others' thoughts to improve your own.

Foolish very best,

David Gardner
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement