Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've always been in a situation where I use the 1040EZ tax form when filing my taxes. This year the only difference I have is I have been paying a mortgage and can deduct the mortgage interest. Should I now be using a professional tax preparer or is this still a simple paperwork process? What forms would I need? Thanks for your help.

Another option would be to find yourself a copy of TurboTax or TaxCut - they both walk you through the process and you can even file electronically...for a quicker refund!

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.