No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been putting $2000 each year into a Roth. I put this years contribution in May. My wife recently got a severance
package at work that will push us beyond the salary limit for Roths. We were on target to make about $110,000 but
now will be more at $165,000 range. How do I unclassify the $2000 as a Roth contribution? Also, are there any fees
involved? I'm using Vangaurd.

To correct is not a problem.

Write to Vanguard and tell then you are not eligible for a ROTH contribution and want to move the May contribution (and earnings) to a regular IRA. If you do not have a regular IRA you will have to open one.

You can check the Vanguard site for their fee schedule. No IRS fees, taxes etc.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.