No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been reading some of the articles you posted, very helpful. The conference call was 40 min and the Q&A which I have yet to hear is 80 minutes. Prices going up in Jan04 for first time in 16 years to 30c a pack of 5 strip gum from 25c. Also dropping price for sugarfree gum to 30c which is lower than competitors and will increase penetration of market and boost their share.

From one of the articles I've just been reading it's really all about competitive advantage. How long a company can produce returns greater than the cost of capital. Wrigley's is trying to expand into 3 areas: Latin America, Russia and China. They own Australia with ~95% market share. They have a product in Eastern Europe ( Orbit?) that is doing well. They adjusted the flavors to match population preferences.

I've never chewwed much gum in my life, maybe I'll make up for lost chews and try out the products.
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.