No. of Recommendations: 2
I've been researching 401K and pension exits. I want that money as soon as humanely possible. I've moved all email addresses away from work to a personal account.

If you ren't vested with the 401K, you can move the money to an IRA. In fact, most companies encourage employees who leave to do that. I will make a suggestion that you change the bank that services it if you can. I didn't and really regretted that they severaly limited my choices for investment once I left the comapny I was with.

I've been in a bad work environment and I'm taking three weeks between gigs to detoxify. I'm going to have a vacation, rest, read some books, and catch up on sleep. I want to hit the ground running with the new company.

I think that's a very good plan. A "spring break" might be just what you need to get in the game at your new place of employment. I would also suggest contacting whoever you are going to be reporting to and finding out if there is anything you need to be up to speed on coming into the new company (maybe research some of their clients or competitors, study up on the corporate culture, etc).

Once again, congrats on the new opportunity!

LWW
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement