UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37120  
Subject: Re: 2,700 Q-tips is Too Many Date: 2/18/2001 11:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I've been trying to be careful about things like your Q-tips -- sometimes a bargain isn't really a bargain.

Bargain shopping can be a particular problem for me because I've got things "stashed" in out of the way places. I ended up with lifetime supplies of plastic wrap and aluminum foil (both of which I rarely use) because I had it put away in the top of a closet and then (forgetting my stash) bought more (on sale and with coupons, of course).

I've posted this before, so apologize if you've heard it -- I have a moritorium on purchasing laundry detergent, bath and hand soap, perfume/cologne, shampoo, hair conditioner, shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and a few other things. Even so, it's sometimes hard for me to pass up good bargains and I have to keep myself on a short leash.

I'm not sure when I last bought laundry detergent, but I consciously started this moratorium in early 2000 -- so the last time I brought laundry detregent into the apartment was 1999 at the latest. Even so, I have at least a 3-year supply - maybe more. (I live alone and do about 3 loads of laundry every 2 weeks, using 1/2 the recommended amount of detergent.)

The price of freedom is constant vigilence!

>^..^<
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mobileye's Growth too Hot?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement