No. of Recommendations: 0
I've done a fair bit of travelling / moving in my time so I've packed quite a lot. However, you may get some people who haven't done it very often, have had others do it for them or are otherwise new to the whole thing. A few possible topics might be:

- What to pack (travel light - things I will need vs. things I might need - ask "could I do without it?")
- What order to pack things in - what goes on the bottom, what goes on the top
- Options for fragile/breakable items (wrap in soft clothing, center of suitcase and not the edges, special packaging for particularly fragile/expensive things)
- Pitfalls of air travel (e.g. bottles/tubes may leak in low-pressure environment so seal them in plastic bags)
- What goes in the suitcase, what goes in hand luggage
- What to expect at the airport - making sure that the suitcase can be unpacked and repacked easily in the case of a security inspection
- How to manage awkward luggage like boxes or crates (rig up a 'cradle' with handles using a loop of rope and duct tape)

You may want to ask some questions at the beginning to find out what sort of audience you're dealing with. If they have no clue then start at the basics, otherwise jump straight into tips and tricks.
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.