No. of Recommendations: 0
I've gone on record as having kids who wake up well before i'd like them to, no matter how i tinker with their bedtimes. However, there are parents out there who don't really monitor their kids' sleep needs, allowing* them later bedtimes and having to wake them up in the morning, creating a cycle of sleep deprivation.

Séamus was in my room sitting on my head watching Riders of Berk while I slept waiting for my alarm to go off.

But I would agree that there are parents who don't seem to know this. We often could spot it going out to eat. In general, kids who are out at 6:30 PM are better behaved than ones who get there at 8:30 PM. Not that we get to eat out late much since we would need someone to watch our kids. Kids in restaurants never bothered me until I had my own. Now I cringe, and think 'For the love of all that is Holy get that kid under control or take him outside, you are giving the rest of us a bad name'.

I'm with you Snippee, I also wondered if this article was written by Obviousman. We see it now with Séamus since he dropped his nap. He wont take one unless he is really tuckered out. Somedays I almost want to give him a spot of Benadryl to send him down, but I don't. I've also seen parents who seem to keep their kids up way too late. Sometimes I've seen this with parents who both work outside the home. They don't want to come home just in time to start bedtime. Since they are getting the child up in the moring for daycare, the little one really isn't getting enough sleep.

Ford
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement