UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SaintCroix Big red star, 1000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63118  
Subject: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 7:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 17
And I've also had it up to here with people who've had it up to here. Including myself. But I couldn't let this pass without comment.

I've seen a couple of different American posters for Fahrenheit 9/11. One features a computer-generated image of Michael Moore holding hands with George Bush in front of the White House. Another shows Michael Moore peeking through a file folder marked confidential. Both posters feature the tagline: "Controversy? What controversy?"

Here's a European poster for Fahrenheit 9/11. It features the tagline: "The temperature where freedom burns," and shows an American flag being burned:

http://www.hiff.fi/uutiset/?id=20040609fahren

It's kind of interesting to think about the thought process behind that poster. You could argue that Moore is saying George Bush is burning the flag, by destroying our civil liberties. But if that's the case, why not have a computer-generated image of George Bush burning the flag? And if that's what Moore is saying, why wouldn't you show the poster here, since it's our rights, not European rights? I mean, it's not like Europe has a First Amendment, so what do they care if our First Amendment is being destroyed?

The more cynical explanation is that a sizable minority of Europe is anti-American, and if you put up a poster of a burning American flag, it caters to that audience and excites them.

That link is notable for something else. Moore's distributor in the Middle East, Front Row, has recieved offers of help from Hezbollah, the terrorist organization.

In terms of marketing the film, Front Row is getting a boost from organisations related to Hezbollah which have rung up from Lebanon to ask if there is anything they can do to support the film. And although Chacra says he and his company feel strongly that Fahrenheit is not anti-American, but anti-Bush, "we can't go against these organisations as they could strongly boycott the film in Lebanon and Syria."

I guess that means they'll go with the poster of the burning American flag. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Hezbollah is involved in the distribution, as they've always been such supporters of the arts in the past.

Taylor
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Marxtacy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34570 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 8:27 AM
Recommendations: 2
shows an American flag being burned

That poster really walks a fine line to avoid being overtly offensive. If you look closely you will see that there is only the implication that the flag has been burned. The flag appears to be singed and has holes, but the only thing that is actively burning is the title of the film. Interesting.

marxtacy

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34571 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 8:38 AM
Recommendations: 7
Here's a European poster for Fahrenheit 9/11. It features the tagline: "The temperature where freedom burns," and shows an American flag being burned:

It's symbolic, artistic, and fitting, IMHO.

why not have a computer-generated image of George Bush burning the flag?

John Ashcroft would have been more accurrate.

RJ

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34572 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 8:42 AM
why not have a computer-generated image of George Bush burning the flag?
-----------------------------------------
John Ashcroft would have been more accurrate.

Actually, I retract that statement. You were right. Bush burning the flag would have been better symbolism.

Ashcroft wiping his ass with the Bill of Rights would have been realism.

RJ

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34575 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 11:13 AM
Recommendations: 4
Actually, I retract that statement. You were right. Bush burning the flag would have been better symbolism.
Ashcroft wiping his ass with the Bill of Rights would have been realism.

Oh Rooobbbbb. How can you leave Rummy out of the equation? How about Ashcroft wiping his butt with the BoR, Bush burning the flag, and Rumsfeld whipping an Iraqi prisoner with it?

Desecration by any other name....

Caat

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34576 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 11:23 AM
Recommendations: 1
Oh Rooobbbbb. How can you leave Rummy out of the equation? How about Ashcroft wiping his butt with the BoR, Bush burning the flag, and Rumsfeld whipping an Iraqi prisoner with it?

Good point....so naturally Haliburton (Cheney et al) would provide and overcharge for the gas to burn he flag, the whip to beat the prisoner, and the food to produce Ashcroft's crap.

Sounds like a winner to me. Someone want to work up a photoshop poster for this?

RJ

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34577 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 11:55 AM
Recommendations: 92
The more cynical explanation is that a sizable minority of Europe is anti-American, and if you put up a poster of a burning American flag, it caters to that audience and excites them.

You're absolutely right, SaintCroix.

That IS cynical.

Any Europeans who are genuinely "anti-American" are probably not going to want to see this movie. It is, after all, an American movie, targeted at an American audience, about what's going on in America, made by an American. A FAT American, even.

On the other hand, a lot of Europeans are also anti-Bush, and I would bet that is a much larger demographic than the anti-American contingent -- who obviously won't care who's president anyway. If they hate America, they'll hate a Kerry America just as much.

I realize that you are pro-Bush and disagree with the movie's message, and I totally support you in that. But you seem to be jumping on a big popular bandwagon these days, which is to conflate "anti-Bush" and "anti-American" as the same thing. By that reasoning, more than half of the voters must have been anti-American in 2000, as are the 50% of people who recently told pollsters that they disapprove of the job Bush is doing overall.

Again, you understand I'm not saying that those 50% are necessarily *right*. But they are entitled to their opinion, as are you. So if you want to say that people must be pro-Bush to be pro-America, well, your opinion is wrong.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34580 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 1:02 PM
I realize that you are pro-Bush and disagree with the movie's message

It may not be a question of disagreeing with the movie's message. If someone makes a "documentary" showing how John Kerry steals neighbors' puppies and barbecues them for his rich friends, that's not exactly something you agree or disagree with--you recognize it as fiction which may or may not be entertaining.

Let's wait and see what's in the movie and then take a look at the fact checking that's sure to follow a la Columbine. If he really got the goods on Bush, fine. If he manipulated images and sound bites to create a work of fiction, that's something else.

--fleg

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34581 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 1:13 PM
Let's wait and see what's in the movie and then take a look at the fact checking that's sure to follow a la Columbine. If he really got the goods on Bush, fine.

Let me know how it goes. I won't be seeing it. No doubt some would say I'm guilty of censorship because my refusal to see his movie violates his First Amendment right to spew his views in a medium that would expose me to them.

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34582 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 1:16 PM
Recommendations: 0
It may not be a question of disagreeing with the movie's message. If someone makes a "documentary" showing how John Kerry steals neighbors' puppies and barbecues them for his rich friends, that's not exactly something you agree or disagree with--you recognize it as fiction which may or may not be entertaining.

Yes; however, if he actually had footage of Kerry taking the puppies and eating them, I might feel a bit differently. I may, however, disagree with his interpretation of what the footage means (perhaps he was given them legally be Chinese restaurants.)

Let's wait and see what's in the movie and then take a look at the fact checking that's sure to follow a la Columbine. If he really got the goods on Bush, fine. If he manipulated images and sound bites to create a work of fiction, that's something else.

I agree, which is why I object to people making claims about the content of the movie based only on a trailer. But regardless of the content, I think it's BS to term opposition to Bush the same as opposition to America, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34583 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 1:16 PM
Let me know how it goes. I won't be seeing it. No doubt some would say I'm guilty of censorship because my refusal to see his movie violates his First Amendment right to spew his views in a medium that would expose me to them.

I bet they won't. Find me a person who says your choice not to see something is censorship, and we'll talk.

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34584 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 1:17 PM

Jesus Christ does everyone with an opinion have to be a martyr?

See it or don't. No one really cares. In truth, the movie is probably not worth 1/10th of the publicity or discussion that it has already received.

RJ

Author: SaintCroix Big red star, 1000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34587 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 3:06 PM
Any Europeans who are genuinely "anti-American" are probably not going to want to see this movie.

Why would somebody who's anti-American not enjoy a movie making fun of the American President for 90 minutes? Why would they avoid watching a film by a filmmaker who blames the U.S., the CIA, George Bush and George Bush's dad for 9/11?

It is, after all, an American movie, targeted at an American audience

That's crap. He's got one poster for his American target audience, and another poster for his European target audience. He's using the cute, funny poster for his American audience, and the flag-burning poster for his foreign audience.

To pretend there isn't anti-Americanism in the world, or that people can't profit off it, is delusional.

And this is aside from whether or not the movie is anti-American or anti-Bush. My point is that the advertising of the movie, a burning American flag, would appeal to people who dislike or fear our country.

On the other hand, a lot of Europeans are also anti-Bush, and I would bet that is a much larger demographic than the anti-American contingent -- who obviously won't care who's president anyway.

I think you should wonder why the foreign poster is so much more hostile than the American poster. Who is he speaking to with that poster, and what is he trying to say?

I realize that you are pro-Bush and disagree with the movie's message, and I totally support you in that.

I'm not particularly pro-Bush. In many ways I think he's an ass. But there's a lot about Bush I admire as well. I struggle to find anything good to say about Michael Moore.

So if you want to say that people must be pro-Bush to be pro-America, well, your opinion is wrong.

Both my mom and my brother are voting for Kerry, my dad and I are voting for Bush. Probably, I haven't seen the debates yet. I don't think half my family is anti-America.

Although, I have to say, if my mom was putting up posters of burning American flags, and my brother had phone calls from Hezbollah offering to help, I would change my opinion. I know the difference between pro-Kerry and rabid anti-Americanism.

Taylor

Author: warizill Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34588 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 4:16 PM
StBush: I think you should wonder why the foreign poster is so much more hostile than the American poster. Who is he speaking to with that poster, and what is he trying to say?

I didn't find the poster all that hostile. A burning American flag means different things to different people. To a lot of people in the US and abroad, it means that the Bush administration has played fast and loose with international and national laws. It means that basic human rights are under fire. The flag is symbolic of American freedoms, like DUE PROCESS, which are being discarded.

It's got nothing to do with burning America.

If you weren't so easily set off about this kind of stuff, you'd realize that.

That's crap. He's got one poster for his American target audience, and another poster for his European target audience. He's using the cute, funny poster for his American audience, and the flag-burning poster for his foreign audience.

Yes, Michael Moore is personally overseeing the foreign distribution.

If your point is correct, that foreign audiences are more susceptible to anti Americanism, then you should vote AGAINST Bush. He's the idiot who once mocked his own father's coalition building in the first Gulf War.

Author: batchfile Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34589 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 4:29 PM
Recommendations: 6

Well, I'm European and reasonably well travelled so I'll throw in my two pennyworth.

I wouldn't describe Europeans as being anti-American - it's too generalist. There might be things about America that people don't like but that's par for the course across all nationalities. There might be a small minority that simpy don't like Americans. Search around, you'll find enough posts here decrying the French, or the Spanish or the Germans et al.

As for the burning flag - it would seem to me (having also lived in the US) that they are just marketing to different markets. To most Europeans a flag is, mmm, just a flag. Our experiences with Nationalism didn't work out to well and I can't think of any European country where someone would get upset seeing their countries flag being burnt. It's a way to identify us at the Olympics not the blood that runs through our veins.

Thus, what to you seems a huge insult seems to us a reasonable way to advertise a film. Fahrenheit 9/11 must involve oil supplies somewhere along the line. How do you recognise oil pipelines? Fire.

I wouldn't take offence where none is probably intended.

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34590 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 4:48 PM
Recommendations: 16
I didn't find the poster all that hostile. A burning American flag means different things to different people. To a lot of people in the US and abroad, it means that the Bush administration has played fast and loose with international and national laws. It means that basic human rights are under fire. The flag is symbolic of American freedoms, like DUE PROCESS, which are being discarded.

It's got nothing to do with burning America.

Actually I think that symbolically, it does have something to do with burning America. But the point Moore's making is not that you should be in favor of burning America; it's that you should be mad when Bush does it (from Moore's perspective).

The tag line is "The temperature where freedom burns." Freedom burns. Flag burns. He's identifying the flag with freedom. He's not showing the burning flag image so that foreigners can get all excited and say "Yay, a burning flag, this must be a nice film about how we should all burn America." He's saying "flag mean freedom, them burn freedom, them not good!"

It reminds me of those who complain about how the Harry Potter books promote immorality, and as proof they use a quote that was uttered by the bad guy.

Author: Nils44 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34591 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 5:30 PM
<That link is notable for something else. Moore's distributor in the Middle East, Front Row, has recieved offers of help from Hezbollah, the terrorist organization.>

Yeah, so what's your point? If you are going to take this rout, Bush/Cheney has received offers of help from the felons at Enron. As a matter of fact, they received ACTUAL political contributions from those scumbags.

I have to wonder about people who are sending letters to theatres urging them not to show this movie. WHAT KIND OF AMERICANS ARE THEY?

Michael Moore's movie won in the Cannes festival. We, as Americans, should be very proud of Michael Moore.

Author: trapcook Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34592 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 5:39 PM
<That link is notable for something else. Moore's distributor in the Middle East, Front Row, has recieved offers of help from Hezbollah, the terrorist organization.>

Yeah, so what's your point? If you are going to take this rout, Bush/Cheney has received offers of help from the felons at Enron. As a matter of fact, they received ACTUAL political contributions from those scumbags.

You must be one of those people that equates Bush with Hitler, eh?

trap
P.S. Enron gave money to lots and lots of people, in both political parties.

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34594 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 6:12 PM
You must be one of those people that equates Bush with Hitler, eh?

No, that would be me.

P.S. Enron gave money to lots and lots of people, in both political parties.

Yeah they covered their bases.

RJ

Author: ketzelim Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34595 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 6:17 PM
Recommendations: 3
Oh goody! Hitler's been invoked, so according to Godwin's Law, the thread's done. Not that it hasn't been interesting.

http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/g/Godwin_s_Law.html

Godwin's Law - prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress.

Author: Ascalon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34602 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 10:17 PM
I mean, it's not like Europe has a First Amendment, so what do they care if our First Amendment is being destroyed?

But it's fascinating to Europeans that America makes such a big deal of having a written Constitution guaranteeing rights and freedoms. Right to a fair trial. Right to legal counsel. Freedom of speech. It's fascinating because the whole world can see that all this written law, all these pieces of paper clearly mean absolutely nothing if your leaders--not citizens but politicians--choose to ignore them.

...why wouldn't you show the poster here...

Because the Stars and Stripes has a different meaning within the USA to the meaning it has abroad. Abroad it's a symbol of an external power. At home it's more a symbol of social unity, freedom and all those other good things.

Ascalon

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34605 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 10:34 PM
To most Europeans a flag is, mmm, just a flag. Our experiences with Nationalism didn't work out to well and I can't think of any European country where someone would get upset seeing their countries flag being burnt. It's a way to identify us at the Olympics not the blood that runs through our veins.

Wow. You learn something new everyday. Thanks batch, I find that facinating. It's something that I never thought about.

This new enlightenment really makes me think about the concept of the flag and the way American's feel about it in a whole new light. It puts a different perspective on it that gives me food for thought.

Thanks.
Caat
Who's always interested in learning new things.

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34606 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 10:37 PM
Wow. You learn something new everyday. Thanks batch, I find that facinating. It's something that I never thought about.
This new enlightenment really makes me think about the concept of the flag and the way American's feel about it in a whole new light. It puts a different perspective on it that gives me food for thought.

If you think that's interesting, you should read about or talk to Europeans about their feelings on the concept of nationalism. Then, once you have a grasp of their feelings, look back on how we behave as Americans toward the rest of the world.

That will be another big eye opener.

RJ

Author: Trick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34607 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 11:16 PM
On the other hand, a lot of Europeans are also anti-Bush, and I would bet that is a much larger demographic than the anti-American contingent -- who obviously won't care who's president anyway. If they hate America, they'll hate a Kerry America just as much.

I believe you are right that there is a distinction between anti-Bush and anti-American in Europe and much of the rest of the world. I have noticed that most Europeans remain quite kind towards the American people.

I am afraid that much of the world will lose patience with Americans if Bush gets re-elected when we have our chance for change in the coming election. If Bush gets re-elected I am afraid anti-Bush sentiment will become anti-American sentiment. It will be hard to blame them.

Rick

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34608 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 11:21 PM
If you think that's interesting, you should read about or talk to Europeans about their feelings on the concept of nationalism. Then, once you have a grasp of their feelings, look back on how we behave as Americans toward the rest of the world.

I've got to believe that this is because the U.S. is so isolated. In Europe, where you can drive the length of the country in a day, and where there are people from other countries all around you all the time, it creates a much more defined sense of "You know, there are other people in the world!"

But Americans are so isolated in a country so huge that they tend to not conceptualize that there are other people, other countries, other cultures, other ideals. Having traveled Europe and North Africa extensively, the one thing I came home with was the concept of "maybe we have different ways of doing things, different cultures, but the one thing we all have in common is human emotion. We all feel love, we all feel pain, we all feel grief, etc."

However, I was rather young when I traveled and was not quite as politically savvy as I am today, so I regret not getting into more conversations about international politics. My focus was mostly societal.

Caat

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34610 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/18/2004 11:23 PM
I am afraid that much of the world will lose patience with Americans if Bush gets re-elected when we have our chance for change in the coming election. If Bush gets re-elected I am afraid anti-Bush sentiment will become anti-American sentiment. It will be hard to blame them.

Stellar. Yes. VERY nicely put.

Caat

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34614 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/19/2004 12:49 AM
I mean, it's not like Europe has a First Amendment, so what do they care if our First Amendment is being destroyed?

You bet they don't have one, at least not France. I found this peripherally film-related story interesting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5181642/

"French actress-turned-animal rights activist Brigitte Bardot was convicted Thursday of inciting racial hatred and ordered to pay $6,000 — the fourth such fine for the former sex symbol since 1997....

Four months earlier(1998), a court fined her for saying France was being overrun by sheep-slaughtering Muslims."

Wow--convicted and fined four times for expressing her un-politically correct opinion, however offensive it may be (and some of her other remarks were very out there).

--fleg, wondering if she would have been fined if she had called New Zealanders sheep slaughterers

Author: juliewinter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34615 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/19/2004 12:52 AM
Four months earlier(1998), a court fined her for saying France was being overrun by sheep-slaughtering Muslims."

Wow--convicted and fined four times for expressing her un-politically correct opinion, however offensive it may be (and some of her other remarks were very out there).

--fleg, wondering if she would have been fined if she had called New Zealanders sheep slaughterers

____
Probably not because New Zealanders indicate a nationality--Muslim indicates a religion.

But as a vegetarian, I'm with BB. But she needs to go after the people who pen geese and force feed down their throats for pate as well. Let's spread the love around a bit.

JW

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34688 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/22/2004 6:50 PM
I think you should wonder why the foreign poster is so much more hostile than the American poster. Who is he speaking to with that poster, and what is he trying to say?

Probably he's saying that if he put that on a poster in America, you and fleg would have him jailed for it.

Author: skybluewater Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34690 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/22/2004 7:06 PM
Probably he's saying that if he put that on a poster in America, you and fleg would have him jailed for it.

Just jailed?

Erik

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34691 of 63118
Subject: Re: I've had it up to here with Michael Moore Date: 6/22/2004 7:47 PM

Hey, take it over to PA, sister. But seriously, MM is probably his own worst enemy if his goal is to win the hearts and minds of the politically uncommitted. That other poster would have generated a heap of ill will in the US.

By the way, when do you think MM will surpass the physical stature of Orson Welles, if he hasn't already done so?

--fleg

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement