Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've heard repeatedly that ex-pats get a significant amount of their income double-taxed by local income tax and US income tax (typically AMT).

Yes, US tax. The IRS still wants you to pay US income taxes even if you live abroad.


This is not 100% true. I work in the Republic of Korea for a US Company. I do not pay federal income taxes nor do I pay Korean taxes.

We fill out a form and submit it to the IRS. No taxes.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.