Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've read the faq, the Fool tax guide 2000 (*where I found this info in the first place) and anything else I can find, but I have one more question that I can't seem to get answered.

I rolled a 401k into a traditional IRA and then took part of the rollover from the IRA to use as a down payment on a house, and I do qualify as a first time homebuyer. What forms do I need to fill out to show that I bought a house and do not have to pay the extra penalty?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.