UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10547  
Subject: Re: Yamaha RX v571 is Ordered! Date: 10/11/2012 1:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've seen this pink noise thing a couple times now and I have no idea what that is. I know I could google but it's more fun talking to you guys. Plenty of spaces for the dogs to run to, including outside.

For the heck of it I measured the width of the wall of sound and the space in front of the window. It fits. The space is 9' 8.5" and the WoS is 9' 4". DH is intrigued. But this is not going to happen (if at all) till next year because we need new flooring and we aren't going to move the WoS twice.

BUT I think I've got a few ideas which I may test out when me sister gets here at Christmas. While the boys are out hunting (it's a 3 month long season in MI if you do all the weapons, which they do) we can move furniture around to our hearts content testing things out. I'm not sure I can wait that long. I may try some of this on my own.

The main idea is move the sofa to that back wall. move the 2 chairs smack into the center of the room so the TV aims right between us. It's just DH and me till sis and BF get here and we can always turn the chairs if we need to, or just bring the wing chairs from the loft down behind our chairs..... could get crowded but we won't know till we try.

My only sound problem I can see is where to put that left surround speaker. Can't just stick it in the middle of the great room....

Damn, I love this stuff!

RM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement