Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: RecoveringFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10583  
Subject: Re: Sell books on half.com? Date: 7/3/2000 10:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've sold books, CDs ,videos and DVDs at half.com and think it's worth my time. These are books that I want to get out of the house in the first place. I ordered very cheap mailers from atyouroffice.com and ordered enough things so the shipping was free. I have a post office on my way to work and then another one close to home that I use on Saturdays.

I have found half.com responsive both as a seller and a purchaser. Do things sell fast ? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I haven't seen a pattern and I've listed things there since about March, I think. My sales have increased each month but I have more items listed each month.

My reason to do it is to feel like someone is paying me to clean out my house. I have considered trying to buy books at garage sales and resell them but I don't think I have the time for it at the moment.

Jacki
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement