Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: neworleans Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25  
Subject: J B HUNT Date: 2/19/1999 9:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is aynone out there watching JBHT?? This looks like a bargain to me below 20.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: irionr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 25
Subject: Re: J B HUNT Date: 4/23/1999 8:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I just got wind of it today, seeing it on an "upgrade" listing by accident ..... will be looking over the next few days and keep you posted.
I do know that it is a good truck line, you'll note that their drivers are very professional, not the "hot dogs" you see so often on the road. I suspect that carries forward into a dependability factor.
Will do a little research and post again...
Bob

Author: Pantaloon One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 25
Subject: Re: J B HUNT Date: 4/29/1999 10:44 PM
Recommendations: 1

Looks like you were right. Now that cyclicals have made a convincing run - how is all this stuff they are supposed to produce going to get to its destination? Shipping... The transports are showing signs of life (this one was up on a down day...)

This stock has options... so a way to get leverage out of this stock is

short the nov 25 puts for nearly 6
http://cboe.pcquote.com/cgi-bin/cboeget.exe?TICKER=.JHQWE
and buy the nov 22.5 calls for around 3.5
http://cboe.pcquote.com/cgi-bin/cboeget.exe?TICKER=.JHQKX

The downside of this position is you will end up buying the stock for 25 (minus the 6 premium for a total of 19) and the calls might end up worthless. The upside is you will have a synthetic JBHT for a cost of $-2.00

Author: tbone526 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 25
Subject: Re: J B HUNT Date: 9/3/1999 3:47 PM

Looks like you were right. Now that cyclicals have made a convincing run - how is all this stuff they are supposed to produce going to get to its destination? Shipping... The transports are showing signs of life (this one was up on a down day...)
---------
Being a novice investor, I'm trying to follow the philosophy of investing companies I know something about, or do business with. I worked for JBHT for five years, and was never a stockholder. They were, however, one of my first choices for an investment now. My reasoning is simply this: They are a very strong company, they treat their employees well (now), and the stock is currently very, very low. I see them rising in the future.

But beware, transportation in general is a business with very thin (read miniscule) margins. Fuel price increases, for instance, can devastate the company in a short time.

Author: tenshuma Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24 of 25
Subject: Re: J B HUNT Date: 8/27/2006 3:23 PM
Seven years later...still a bargain? ;/

-Ten

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement