No. of Recommendations: 84
Jack Welch put a considerable pile of his personal loot into a private for profit university. 80%+ of the university's revenues come directly from student loans and another 10% from VA. (Cancellor University)

Under the Bush system, a student could attend an online university for six terms and never do anything but log on once each term. The student gets a nice fat cost of living check each term and the school gets the tution. At the end of six terms the student SAPs out and owes the money to the government. The school counts the profits. Obama stopped all that. Now if a student fails the school pays the loan for that term. "ouch" Stopped that welfare racket the schools were running dead in its tracks and it was worth billions. Look at the hit the for profits took on this. Boy do they hate government regulation.

Another reform Obama initiated was the kick back from banks to the schools for steering student loans their way. That was smaller bucks but still substantial. Wonder why the big bankers hate Obama.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 48
Thank you for this post. There is so much misinformation going on out there, especially this election year. Although so many think of Welch as a Business genuis, I think the Welch reign was what brought American manufacturing to its untimely and early exodus from world-class to second-class.

As an American citizen I am expected to die for my country, but if I am an American businesseman, my American loyalty dies with my need to make a profit AT ANY COST, and move my business, sell out my jobs, to the lowest cost basis. Don't blame Obama for job loss, blame GE and Welch for their shortsighted policies that may still be the death of the American economy. If these pillars of business had one ounce of the patritiosim of the typical American citizen, those men and women dying in foreign wars, America would be thriving again.

I have been in business for my entire 38 year career. I have seen a very clear shift in the Corporate mentality driven by personal greed, ego and hubris.The Jack Welches and Wal-Marts of the world have sold America out. It is that simple and that easy to understand.

I appreciate competition, and love many aspects of the challenges in building and growing a business. My current Company is an American made product and we are growing 30-40% per year with American manufacturing. We breezed through the recession,and paid out significant profit sharing and gave additional 401k contributions to all employees.

Please don't give me that crap about global competitveness. That's like the salesmen who can't make a margin, but sells like crazy, and says he's making it up in volume. If Welch was so smart he would have figured out how to make a profit, and still keep the American economy thriving. Any schmuck, can move to the low cost producer, but a real genuis figures out how to help all boats rise in his own harbor.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Please don't give me that crap about global competitveness. That's like the salesmen who can't make a margin, but sells like crazy, and says he's making it up in volume. If Welch was so smart he would have figured out how to make a profit, and still keep the American economy thriving. Any schmuck, can move to the low cost producer, but a real genuis figures out how to help all boats rise in his own harbor.

What the hell are you talking about. Competing with someone who sells better stuff for the same price is nothing like someone dumb enough to believe they can make up for profits for selling more at a loss.

But, if you do want to go with an analogy like that?

Well it is an AWFUL lot like a President, who wants to claim to be the education President by getting college educations for students who have just come from a school system that did not teach them anything all the way through high school, largely because of what he and those he endorses have done already.

You have one candidate that wants to make a climate where we can compete with those global competitors through saner policy. They do exist, whether you make believe they do not or you don't -- we have a sitting President who is an economic illiterate from all evidence to date.

Playing make believe is not going to help anyone.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I have been in business for my entire 38 year career. I have seen a very clear shift in the Corporate mentality driven by personal greed, ego and hubris.The Jack Welches and Wal-Marts of the world have sold America out. It is that simple and that easy to understand.

Yes, well thank you Bill Clinton for helping to make it all possible...

http://www.fas.usda.gov/itp/policy/nafta/nafta.asp
No. of Recommendations: 1
-----------------------

Great post. I would have copied the whole thing again to make sure people read it, but people here tend to not want a lot of words.
No. of Recommendations: 24
lostudent says

Well it is an AWFUL lot like a President, who wants to claim to be the education President by getting college educations for students who have just come from a school system that did not teach them anything all the way through high school, largely because of what he and those he endorses have done already.

And there you have it, folks. Obama personally wrecked public education in the U.S. (While he wasn't busy raising gas prices.)
No. of Recommendations: 0
well samindo, you must tell us what your company makes and sells that uses only American made material and also let us know that all your repairs and maintenance items are all American made, that includes employee uniforms.
Advertisement