Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Kcourt Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12  
Subject: Jackpot to become J Net Enterprises Date: 3/12/2000 7:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Jackpot has announced that they intend to change their name to J Net Enterprises (with voter approval) and that they plan to change the direction of their entire company. Currently, Jackpot is engaged in the largest slot machine business in Las Vegas.

They intend to become the first internet investment holding company on the NYSE. Their investments will center on B2B infrastructure and solutions for legacy business, incubation of B2B enterprises, restructuring of B2B, opportunistic investing with leading venture capital firms. As for their gaming busineess, they are seeking other options. I think they will probably drop that entirely once the other part of their business gets going, but that is just my opinion!

They have appointed CEO Allan Tessler, who comes from Data Broadcasting and CBS Marketwatch.com. On the board they have added Allan Hirschfield, past head of Columbia Pictures.

Jackpot has a market capitalization of more than $100 million, net cash in excess of $65 million, and they have NO debt.

They have been sending shareholders memos from time to time telling us that they were seeking new options to increase shareholder value - wow! I didn't even dream that they had such a big undertaking in mind. I am impressed!

My only concern: can they pull this off. So far, they have only had experience in handling slot machines. Can they undertake a totally unrelated business and make it a success. Only time will tell. I'm willing to hang around to find out. I have had this stock since the early 90's and this is the most excitement that we have ever had.

I'd love to know what others think about this new venture. Do you think it will succeed?

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement