Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
JAFO and Phil,

Thanks for your replies. I know what you are saying about the 403b conversion. I'm sorry, I forgot to say that my sister-in-law stopped her 403b contributions and is currently not working at all. My brother decided to roll her 403b plan into a Roth IRA which I believe you are allowed as long as the person stopped employment, correct? Anyway, I am a little lost with the statement about the Traditional to Roth conversion, neither of them did one. Just the 2 instances I had previously stated. You did answer about reporting those amounts, they must. But, it does not affect or add to their taxable income, correct? Sorry for the maybe redundant question(s). Sometimes the hamster falls asleep to turn the wheel up in my head -LOL. Thanks again for any and all help.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.