Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: walleyekiller One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18  
Subject: JAH Still Alive? Date: 8/30/2007 7:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Fools,
Took me a while to find a board on Jarden. Are any of you folks out there still watching Jarden? I have been keeping an eye on them but am a bit unsure as to whether I should hold off or buy now. I know it was a good stock from 2002-2006 but since 2006 it has looked pretty choppy. I know JAH recently acquired Reel Fishing Products and completed the acquisition of K2 so they are still growing but the stock has been all over the place.

What do you folks think of this one? Keep watching it or run away?

walleyekiller
Print the post Back To Top
Author: walleyekiller One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 18
Subject: Re: JAH Still Alive? Date: 8/30/2007 7:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I should have said, Pure Fishing, not Reel Fishing. Oops...

Author: boywonders Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 18
Subject: Re: JAH Still Alive? Date: 9/25/2007 9:48 PM
If you're still watching, I'm buying JAH tomorrow for either a
quick profit or a quick exit.  Looks like it can't go much lower and a fourth quarter market rally could make it a good trade.

Author: jjun0366 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 18
Subject: Re: JAH Still Alive? Date: 11/16/2007 2:29 PM
I came across JAH today and looking at the financial statements for the past 10 years shows me that the company and management is capable.

It is now on my watch list as I start my research on them.

In my humble opinion, the question you should really ask yourself is whether you believe the company will be a good long term investment.

If the price is attractively priced well below its intrinsic value (which I calculated to be about $50), volatility should not matter.

If it's short term capital gains your after, I have no idea....

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement