No. of Recommendations: 0
Jane -

The 10% transfer "allowance" may actually be available to you to transfer part of your balance anywhere, including using "Revenue Ruling 90-24" to make partial transfers to another 403b or 403b(7) account. The only sticking point may be your employment... are you still employed with the same school/non-profit where you began the annuity? That could restrict your options to another "like" account, rather than IRA, etc.

Good luck, PP
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.