UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lordwall Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1632  
Subject: Japan Market Research Date: 3/30/2011 11:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Guys,

There is a treasure trove of opportunity in Japanese stocks because of the quake.

There are loads of providers with research on U.S. stocks and stocks with ADR's however I cannot find a peep on stocks listed on the Nikkei, ie Kyocera, East Japan Rail, etc.

Anybody know of a website that does market research such as P.E., Price/Book, Price/Sales, etc. on Japanese companies?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JimmyAdamson Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1625 of 1632
Subject: Re: Japan Market Research Date: 4/2/2011 6:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I own a couple of Japanese stock and generally used info from my brokerage company, TD Ameritrade. You may try using Yahoo! Finance for general information. However, I do not know of any web sites that specialize just in Japanese stocks.

Personally, I would like to pull all my assets out of Japan, not because of the disaster that hit Japan, but because of Japanese corporate mentality.

Jimmy

Author: GeekGod Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1627 of 1632
Subject: Re: Japan Market Research Date: 4/7/2011 2:45 PM
Anybody know of a website that does market research such as P.E., Price/Book, Price/Sales, etc. on Japanese companies?

Japan Company Handbook is the most thorough resource I know of that's printed in English. It's a quarterly publication, available from Amazon I believe. However its data only goes back about 5 years or so (I think), and back issues are hard to come by.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement