No. of Recommendations: 0
jerdenrk: "These people I know, (Really, it's NOT me, it's someone who wouldn't take my advice to start with) They contributed to a traditional IRA and now realize that their income is too high, so they want to pull it out of the traditional and put it into a ROTH.. The contibution was made this year."

Someone may have misinformed you. As long as one has adequate earned income to support the contribution (or a spouse who does, in the case of a spousal IRA), one is entitled to make a contribution to a regular IRA; the only question that high income might affect, assuming coverage by a pension plan, is whether the contribution is deductible.

I will let the resident pros, who know much more than me, answer your specific questions of how best to resolve your issue.

Regards, JAFO

Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.