UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bigpix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3734  
Subject: Jersey Couture Date: 6/9/2010 12:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
A fairly new show on Oxygen. I think there are five or six hundred of us in the world who get that channel.

Anyway, my lovely DW and SIL will be featured on this show, maybe next week's episode.

DW bought her dress for DS's wedding coming up there and for some reason they were thought to be an entertaining pair.

We shall see.

Tuesday nights are air nights and they show episodes over and over each Tuesday night.

bigpix
Print the post Back To Top
Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3677 of 3734
Subject: Re: Jersey Couture Date: 6/9/2010 1:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
No kidding! Awesome...I'll be sure to watch. How will we know who your DW & SIL are?

I just watched the first episode (at least I think it was the first episode) yesterday. What a bunch of characters.

Thanks for the heads-up!

-nab

Author: 6Bitsadollar Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3679 of 3734
Subject: Re: Jersey Couture Date: 6/9/2010 6:58 PM
I surfed past it--as I was about to fall asleep.

Yes, how will we know you??? I get this network at home, but I think I will be in a hotel next week and I am usually surprised with what they carry or don't carry.

I am curious.

Molly

Author: bigpix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3680 of 3734
Subject: Re: Jersey Couture Date: 6/9/2010 10:20 PM
How will we know who your DW & SIL are?

Oh, I'm sure you will be able to tell who they are.

The production folks told them they were naturals. DW got business cards from the camera ops for me. She was bantering with the crew and stepping in and out of her "part."

They were re-enacting their three or so previous visits which were but a small part of the process of finding this dress.

DW says they will have a few minutes, a segment which is interesting since the show has not followed that pattern with segments vs carrying a couple of storylines at the same time.

DW is all excited but at the same time hesitant about anyone seeing her dress.

It's a whole thing.

I just sit back and watch this world go by.

bigpix

Author: bigpix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3685 of 3734
Subject: Re: Jersey Couture Date: 6/16/2010 9:48 AM
Maybe next week for DW and SIL.

We saw that the show last night would not be the one but watched it anyway since we actually like the show.

It's harmless entertainment and the cast is harmless too.

My only complaint is that mom, Diane uses the non word yous. Alot!

It was fun for us to watch them in Aspen since that is where DW and I started our married life.

DW asked me what hotel is was they were staying in since it was familiar looking.

I suggested that they must have changed the town just a bit in the past THIRTY years.

bigpix

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3686 of 3734
Subject: Re: Jersey Couture Date: 6/16/2010 10:04 AM
Diane uses the non word yous.

Having had a grandmother from Jersey, I can tell you that it's "youse" and it might as well have been a real word to her. :)

Of course, it's often followed by the word "guys".

dsbrady

Author: bigpix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3692 of 3734
Subject: Re: Jersey Couture Date: 7/12/2010 2:24 PM
still waiting to the episode with DW and SIL.

From what I saw as coming attractions it looks like this won't be their week either.

I was enjoying the show for the first couple of weeks but alas, my attention span has lost interest in seeing prom dresses bought.

I think next week is the last episode.

I hope so.

bigpix

Author: bigpix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3693 of 3734
Subject: Re: Jersey Couture Date: 7/14/2010 12:56 PM
Recommendations: 3
Once again I turned on the show hoping to see DW's segment.

The main part of the show was the owners going to the Today Show.

And more prom dresses. And a former female basketball player.

By half time I have tuned it out and had my face in the laptop.

DW has the remote in hand and is about to start surfing when I hear...

Gayle is the mother of the groom and........

And there she was and her sister too.

Two hours of shooting cobbled into a three minute segment.

Nothing really cute or funny and totally non descript moments.

The fact that there was no finished dress to show her in was the difference since they always have the money shot.

Maybe when the dress finally arrives she will be called in for another segment.

Doubtful.

Still was cute to see her and get a glimpse of this dress.

She will look wonderful for sure.

bigpix

Author: bigpix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3711 of 3734
Subject: Re: Jersey Couture Date: 8/18/2010 3:22 PM
About a week ago I answered DW's cell phone while sitting on the beach.

I asked who it was and the husky voice on the other end said she was Kim from Diane's.

Who?

Kim, Diane's!

Who?

DW: give me the phone please!!!!!!

Kim calling to tell DW that her dress has arrived.

Off she went to try it on and there was talk of sending a camera crew to the hotel on the day of DS's wedding to show the final product.

Maybe even some of that special "Fluffing" too.

DW says she would be too stressed to deal with that to which I said bah, do it.

All I know is that the dress is "magnificent."

It sure better be.

I will be wearing a rented suit.

Or one I buy at Goodwill, just to make my statement.

bigpix

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement