UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: footsox Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 128645  
Subject: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 3:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thinking of buying a new jet flush toilet. Anybody have one? Any brand recommendations? I was recently in a nicer hotel and they had a Gerber jet flush toilet. It was amazing -- of course I was only there one night, so I didn't have too much experience with it. Any thoughts on which brand? Also, I won't need electricity to it -- right??

Footsox
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122505 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 9:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
We have one in the men's room where I work. It works very well. This doesn't look like the toilet that is installed, mostly because of the side mounted handle. The price looks worth a try, especially for a Kohler brand name (or any brand toilet, for that matter - What am I overlooking?): http://www.faucetdirect.com/kohler-k-3577-1-28-gpf-round-fro...

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122509 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 12:25 PM
Don't know anything about "Jet Flush", but this one is amazing. They make right and left handed, round & elongated bowels, different heights and different distances from the wall -- so be careful if you are ordering.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100675332/h_d2/Produ...

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: TretopFlyr Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122511 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 1:02 PM
I've had three Gerbers in my house for the past 6 years. I researched before buying and have not been disappointed. They seem to require cleaning less often too, possibly because of the force of the water.

Author: ems79 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122518 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 5:43 PM
I have a Kohler Wellworth ... it's a "regular" toilet. I have yet to ever clog it or have a problem (which was an issue with pre-2000 era toilets for me)

If the toilets you have in your home are older than 15-20 years, meaning installed in 1990s or earlier, I'd consider getting a modern regular toilet--they work very well these days and are quieter.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122519 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 5:54 PM
Do you have enough water pressure. I love the jet-flush mechanism; however, our water pressure is not sufficiently high.

Donna

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122521 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 6:08 PM
If the toilets you have in your home are older than 15-20 years, meaning installed in 1990s or earlier, I'd consider getting a modern regular toilet--they work very well these days and are quieter.

My 1999 toilet gets clogged often.

Author: TroySR71 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122522 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 6:14 PM
Recommendations: 2
Five years ago I purchased one for just under 500.00. They work great when they work. When they fail like mine did about 4 months ago, they are your worst enemy. Parts are hard to find and are around 300.00 bucks for the required replacement kits (This is true with any of them) and you have to buy parts online. I went back to a regular toilet. The key when buying a new toilet (standard gravity flow) is getting one with a larger diameter where the waste is deposited. I ended up buying one at Home Depot for around 200.00. The next time it fails, parts are cheap and can be purchased anywhere, anytime.

Troy

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122523 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 6:17 PM
<i?My 1999 toilet gets clogged often.

I've often heard you are full of sh!t. Guess you have to empty out from time to time. <g>

IP

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122524 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 6:21 PM
this one is amazing

Gordon, if you don't mind me asking, what makes it amazing?

Paul T.

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122525 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 6:44 PM
I had a reliable jobber looked a little like this one
http://www.bradleycorp.com/image/685/922-7245_toilet.jpg

I thought I would have it for 15 to 20 years but got out of the big house early.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a siphon jet twa-let in a private home. Maybe I've sat right on one and didn't know it.

The ones you see in commercial buildings kind of work off the city water pressure. In other words, there's no holding tank for gravity to be used on. A commercial jet toilet uses a valve that takes the place of the gravity tank. It seems like the water entering the bowl is coming out at darn near city pressure. I had to fix one just today in fact. Loud but efficient.

Your sewer pipes don't like low-volume flushes. The more water the better insofar as keeping the pipes clear.

Paul T.

Author: canonian Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122527 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/12/2012 11:10 PM
If you want a toilet that flushes, TOTO...

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122533 of 128645
Subject: Re: Jet Flush Toilets? Date: 10/13/2012 9:07 AM
My 1999 toilet gets clogged often.

Eat more fruit & vegetables ;-)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement