Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 919  
Subject: Re: JetBlue Begins New Nonstop Service Date: 11/18/2009 2:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
JetBlue Airways has begun the non-stop service between San Francisco and Fort Lauderdale, planned for San Francisco International Airport (SFO) this winter.
I think this will have a decent (and positive) effect on the airlines fortunes moving forward as they take on virgin America, et-al with the coast to coast service.

Virgin has just begun the same--today, as a matter of act--from SFO and from San Diego direct to Ft Lauderdale.

I used to be a fanatic JetBlue fan, but they have changed. Their service is NOT what it was, the whole attitude to customers is mechanical and not caring. You wouldn't believe their issues with delayed flights, cancelled flights, not giving waiting passengers any accurate information. It once was that all you heard were great things about JetBlue. Now I can't tell you how many people I know who hate that airline. And I'm far from a fan now, with delays, inaccurate "explanations" (eg, blaming a delay on the weather, when other flights to the same airport are all taking off), inconvenient schedules. I had a terrifying experience on my last JetBlue flight--the flaps failed. Makes for a very interesting landing. Not even a "we're really sorry that happened" email, let alone any compensation. And although Virgin doesn't service nearly the number if airports, their culture is like what JetBlue used to be. Plus their flight schedules are SO much better! And they take off on time. You can get food on board if you want--order it from your touch screen, paying with credit card. And Virgin America has often cost less than JetBlue for the same route. Although now that they charge you $20 for each checked bag, that eats up the difference.

JetBlue may be a good thing to hold on to as an investment, but it sure doesn't get my vote as an airline any longer. Once the guy who founded it left as head, after their meltdown, it's not the same place. And I've spoken to older JetBlue employees who find that in many ways it's changed for the worse. They miss the old culture too. I fly JetBlue now only if there's no other lower-fare option.

sheila
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement