Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 95728  
Subject: Jets Date: 11/11/2012 7:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Come on now, how much worse could things be with Tebow?

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92836 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/12/2012 6:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Come on now, how much worse could things be with Tebow?

A lot. The option doesn't really work in the NFL, except as a gimmick. Defenses are too smart and too fast.

Now, lots of guys have shown that it is an advantage if you can make plays with your feet. Cunningham, Wilson, Vick, RGIII, etc. But you've got to be able to make plays with you arm first. Tebow had a 45% completion average last season. Dead last in the NFL.

Author: wasmick Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92837 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/12/2012 7:16 PM
Recommendations: 0
A lot. The option doesn't really work in the NFL, except as a gimmick. Defenses are too smart and too fast.

Plus there are no offensive weapons. Tebow might get more accomplished this year while there are no viable options on the offense but that's hardly a solution.

Sanchez is a much better QB than Tebow. The Jets are a bad offensive team with a brand new bad offensive coordinator.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92838 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/12/2012 10:26 PM
Tebow had a 45% completion average last season. Dead last in the NFL.

But oddly enough, he is the NFL playoff record holder for yards per completion in a game (minimum: 10 completions)

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92839 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/12/2012 10:57 PM
Now, lots of guys have shown that it is an advantage if you can make plays with your feet. Cunningham, Wilson, Vick, RGIII, etc. But you've got to be able to make plays with you arm first. Tebow had a 45% completion average last season. Dead last in the NFL.

But the point is, Jets are pretty much out of the playoff. Their record can't be much worse. Anyone think they have a legit shot??

What else to capitalize and monetize on??

RATINGS??? Yeah.

Who can bring in more ratings? Tebow. Remember, they're here to make money, just like we all are in all our lines of employment.

Author: SmallBear94 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92840 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/13/2012 1:09 AM
The Jets are a bad offensive team

I think they are just offensive.

If anything, they should give McElroy a chance. They already know what Tebow can (and especially CAN'T) do.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92841 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/13/2012 2:02 AM
But the point is, Jets are pretty much out of the playoff. Their record can't be much worse. Anyone think they have a legit shot??

What else to capitalize and monetize on??

RATINGS??? Yeah.

Who can bring in more ratings? Tebow. Remember, they're here to make money, just like we all are in all our lines of employment.

The thing that brings in ratings is winning. There is a reason why Tebow isn't in Denver anymore. I'm sure they loved selling jerseys but they obviously didn't view him as a long term solution. And note that he didn't move into a starting job somewhere.

Author: mbarr Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92848 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/15/2012 9:55 AM
Who knew that bringing in Tebow would actually cause the Jets to be worse?

Oh yeah, pretty much everyone but the Jets. Kind of like the Red Sox hiring Bobby Valentine. A disaster from day one.

I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying this train wreck.

Author: xjwarner93 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92849 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/15/2012 11:25 AM
I am not sure i would blame it on Tebow. The Jets were already dysfunctional when they brought him in. To Tebow's credit he did win a good portion of the games he started in Denver. However, I think the credit for that goes to John Fox for building/using an offensive scheme that utilized what Tebow does do well, and limits him from the things he does poorly.

I am not sure the Jets would be as successful at utilizing Tebow the way they would need to even if they decided to put him in the game.

I am in no way saying Tebow is a great QB or that he is the answer. But, he deserves some credit for some fo the things that he did do in Denver too.

John

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92850 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/15/2012 11:36 AM
Who knew that bringing in Tebow would actually cause the Jets to be worse?

How is tha possible? When he's in the game everyone knows it is going to be a run. He's thrown six passes all year completing five for 40 yards.

Author: mbarr Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92851 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/15/2012 12:45 PM
I'm not blaming Tebow, per se, but rather the circus atmosphere that seems to follow him wherever he goes. The Jets were already a mess with the Rex and Sanchez show. Adding Tebow to the mix is just asking for trouble.

Author: xjwarner93 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92852 of 95728
Subject: Re: Jets Date: 11/15/2012 4:43 PM
agreed!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement