Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Blackduff Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 667  
Subject: Re: Retired French Expats from US Date: 7/31/2008 5:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
JG
I'm going to send an email direct to you, as well as the board.

Health Care: It's still changing but since you're retired, you might possible to slip onto their system. For EU members can move into the system after they're retired now.

Right now I pay 87 € per month for the RAM. This is the French Soc.Sec. system. I also pay 154 € for a top-up insurance. Then I will have almost 100% coverage for medical problems. My teeth and glasses are not covered at 100% but this isn't often.

This means my monthly payment is 241 €. The annual primes comes to 2,892 €. With an exchange of 1.5, I would expect that it's about $4,450. Okay, France doesn't give free health coverage but this amount does covers most items.

I'm replying so late, again. But, if you contact me direct, I will send you back more quickly. List a few things you want to ask and I'll give you a try to understand. I live in the Mediterranean coast so my living costs is a bit more than the middle of France. Paris is more expensive than my area.

Here's a photo album which shows my area and what life is like near the coast. No special theme on the album. Lots of dog photos, since I have lots of dogs.

http://www.pyreneesmediterraneanliving.com/

I've worked within parts of France since 1978 and I moved to my retirement in 1994. My house can see the border with Spain, as the top of the local mountain next to me. I can find anything I need but not everyone feels the same.

Again, email me and give me a direct email address and I can give you more information.

Blackduff
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement