Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AfoolwondersNot Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 96633  
Subject: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/19/2012 11:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
.. does he have decisions to make between who starts between Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith? IMHO he does. I've never thought A. Smith is a franchise QB. Maybe Kaepernick can evolve into that guy.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92892 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/19/2012 11:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
ii

.. does he have decisions to make between who starts between Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith? IMHO he does. I've never thought A. Smith is a franchise QB. Maybe Kaepernick can evolve into that guy.

ha! local talk radio will be hilarious tomorrow

( I've thought Smith could be franchise but not elite* ;
Kaepernick tonight looks like he has elite* potential

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92893 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/19/2012 11:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
You see a backup QB like that and wonder, "Where have they been hiding this guy and why?". And with on the roster, why was Harbaugh so hard after Peyton Manning?

~aj

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92895 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/20/2012 1:19 AM
Peyton is on track to be the NFL MVP so there was good reason to be interested in him. That's especially true when SF is basically being held back by their QB play from being a heavy Super Bowl favorite. They might win it without Peyton anyways but he would surely improve the team for this year and the next few.

A few years ago I recall Colin telling a story from the summer before his senior year at Nevada where he was working at a local Dicks Sporting Goods in the Reno area. Some lady came in asking if they had any Colin Kaepernick Nevada Wolfpack jerseys and he showed her where they were and sold her one. She never realized who he was.

I think the starting job is now Colin's to lose. If he plays at least reasonably well Alex Smith will never see the field again.

Author: dccats5 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92899 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/20/2012 9:06 AM
Recommendations: 9
I get the fact that nobody thinks Alex Smith should have been the #1 overall pick and that he certainly has not lived up to that billing. But do you really want to bench a guy who helped get you to the NFC Championship game last year, has 13 TDs to only 5 Ints and is completing 70% of his passes this year?

We all love the back-up who comes in and has a big game. Matt Flynn threw 6 TDs in a game and couldn't beat out a rookie after being the big QB signing this year. How'd Scott Mitchell work out for the Lions or Rob Johnson for the Bills?

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92900 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/20/2012 9:10 AM
How'd Scott Mitchell work out for the Lions or Rob Johnson for the Bills?

Actually, Mitchell had a couple of excellent years with the Lions at first. Then, the wheels came off.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92902 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/20/2012 9:48 AM
Can you say PLATOON!

Besides a wide array of offense sets, a different "captain" rotating in will make defense even more challenging.

Author: wasmick Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92909 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/20/2012 4:29 PM
I think the starting job is now Colin's to lose. If he plays at least reasonably well Alex Smith will never see the field again.

Ironically that apparently wasn't enough for Smith to keep the job.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92911 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/20/2012 7:11 PM
Check out Mitchell's stats 1995-97. IIRC, he was injured in '94 and for a couple of games of '96. While he didn't quie pan out as hoped, he wasn't exactly an Andre Ware out there either.

http://www.nfl.com/player/scottmitchell/2502150/profile

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92912 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/20/2012 8:55 PM
"Where have they been hiding this guy and why?".

That's what I thought about when I saw Trung Canidate run for 200 yards in one game. Why are they keeping a talent like that on the bench?

Then I realized the defense wasn't looking for him.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92913 of 96633
Subject: Re: Jim harbaugh... Date: 11/20/2012 9:54 PM
That's what I thought about when I saw Trung Canidate run for 200 yards in one game.

Which I think was about half of his career total.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement