UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: Jimmy Buffett Date: 2/2/2001 8:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Ok, now that I did some research on Jimmy Buffett, I'll admit it: I did not who he was or what the significance of his name was with this board. I'm sure I can't be the only one. So, maybe those who understand it more can share the significance of Jimmy Buffett in the naming of this board.

First Question: Why does he address his fans as Parotheads?
And ok, which one of you has the "Parrothead Handbook" and how can I get one??

http://musicfinder.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800058108&cf=11

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Earble Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 120 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Buffett Date: 2/2/2001 10:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
So, maybe those who understand it more can share the significance of Jimmy Buffett in the naming of this board.

He's Warren's illegitimate son, isn't he? >;->

Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 121 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Buffett Date: 2/2/2001 10:44 AM
Oh, Ok. Isn't Warren a little too young to have a son Jimmy's age?

Now, I sound like Rose Nilan on the Golden Girls, don't I?

Author: cmorford Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 138 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Buffett Date: 2/5/2001 7:36 AM
Earble quipped: He's Warren's illegitimate son, isn't he? >;->

Hee hee...

Actually, I think I've read that he is Warren's nephew or something like that, but never got any $$ from "W"...

Chuck - Freshly home from the Chicago Strictly Sail show....

Author: nukejohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 139 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Buffett Date: 2/5/2001 9:34 AM
Recommendations: 1
Jimmy leads a carefree existence in Key West. You can get a feel of his philosophy on life from the lyrics in his songs.

Basically, if you want to forego the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and pursue your dreams (either early retirement or at a traditional retirement age), then this board is for you.

As for me, I'm still in the process of determing what I will do in retirement. I am 45, but I will definitely be retired within 3 years, more likely 2.

I am a former baseball player, and I would love to coach Little League Baseball. I'd like to be more active in civic and charitable organizations, which my job has prohibited me from doing. I'd like to play in a Pro Am golf tournament at a major PGA Tour Event.

I'm still working on my list, but the sky's the limit. Just ask former Pres. George Bush, who wanted to skydive, and did it for the first time a couple of years ago on his birthday (75th I think). If there is something you've always wanted to do, don't just dream about it, plan for it, and as Nike says, just do it.

NukeJohn

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Buffett Date: 2/5/2001 9:52 AM
Just ask former Pres. George Bush, who wanted to skydive, and did it for the first time a couple of years ago on his birthday (75th I think).

Actually, it was his second time. His first was during WWII, after his plane was shot down in the Pacific, which at least brought him into contact with the deep blue sea, a favorite of Jimmy's. See, I was able to find a way to bring this back on topic.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement