UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: omalleypm Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: Jimmy Wannabe Date: 1/31/2001 5:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I am 39, retired last year. My WONDERFUL wife saw the stress I was under and insisted that I stay home with the kids and she would keep working.

Anyway, I have always been a Led Zeppelin fan. Any recommendations out there for a Buffet album for a newbie?

The beach life sounds great, maybe the music and the margarita and rum recipes from earlier posts wi;; help me imagine.

As for me, when my wife retires in a few years, I want to get out of the big city and find a house with no neighbors, I don't care where.

Not anti-social, just need some peace!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 96 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Wannabe Date: 1/31/2001 6:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Any recommendations out there for a Buffet album for a newbie?

If I could own only one, I would buy Changes in Lattitude, Changes in Attitudes with Songs You Know By Heart a distant second.

Prometheuss

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 97 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Wannabe Date: 1/31/2001 6:51 PM

Check out http://www.margaritaville.com/ and http://www.buffettnews.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?10/10.html for more information on Buffett and his albums.

Author: baanista One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Wannabe Date: 1/31/2001 10:37 PM
Son of a Son of a Sailor was my first Jimmy Buffett album and still holds a special place in my heart. Changes in Latitude, Changes in Atitude is a serious rival.

Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads is a large compilation from a lot of the albums. I had the 4 tape version and most of them died from repeated playing in various automobiles. I always liked to take a few tapes with me for when I needed to rent a car. Was that Cordoba blue or red?

Regards,
Baanista

Author: buzman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 105 of 381
Subject: Re: Jimmy Wannabe Date: 2/1/2001 9:16 AM
First it is possible to appreciate Led Zeppelin & Jimmy Buffett. Santa Claus gave the the Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions-awesome.

I can't tell you how many Buffett recordings I own. The only one I know I have never owned is Floradays. His newer stuff has more of Carribean flavor (steel drums, etc) less country influence (pedal steel guitar)than the early (70s). I always thought A1A was the best but his newer stuff has a different appeal to me.
He covers a tune "Pacing the Cage" on Beachhouse on the Moon which is an awesome ballad. He played the sonf on the Today show, I was flabbergasted. For a beginner, Songs You Know by Heart is kinda of best of Buffett. Also there is a new live CD, which has the popular songs. Included is the forgotton verse to Margaritaville. Bon Appetit!

Actually Buffett is a bit of a politico, how can I put this mildly? He was not invited to an inagural ball. Catch my drift.

buzman

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement